Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Member and first post

Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 PM

Default New Member and first post

Hello all: Before I even posted in here I skimmed through alot of the threads in deer hunting. I have hunted 21 yrs and have only shot 3 deer. I never got out each and every year for deer though. After reading through these threads I can see how very little I know about deer hunting. I actually admitted that to myself in the early part of this year as well. So, I believe that this will be a home for me. Just to let everyone know, I crossbow hunt deer only. I don't go after any other game animal because I do not eat the meat. I did have a compound bow (Hoyt MagnaTech 200) for 4 yrs but my rest never kept the arrow on the rest and I only still hunt so I had to go with something that was going to allow me to still hunt. I am just explaining about the crossbow because I think a lot of people are against the crossbow. I could be wrong however. Anyways, I am not completely dumb when it comes to hunting. As much as I learn here I hope I can, at some time, be able to knowledgeably reply to a thread. Well, that is my two cents. TY all for having me and looking forward to seeing you in the chat room and within these forums and learning. TY all, Owner.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Member and first post

welcome Owner,there is a Crossbow forum on this site also,Ihunt with
a crossbow and will never change back due to medical reasons,enjoy!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi and welcome to the forums , it doesn't matter what your wepon of choice is your a hunter and thats what counts.
We do have a forums for crossbow in the archery group of the main forum page as for your arrow rest problem for your compound you might want to look at the new NAP Quicktune 360 it's a really good rest.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of nice people on thius site that are quite well informed. Hope you enjoy the site.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is absolutely nothing wrong with hunting with a crossbow if it is legal in your area. If you want to go back to the compound there are a few rest that will keep your arrow on the rest. Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome.
You will meet alot of great people on this site and pick up some great information, no matter what weaponyou use or what game you go after.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Spike

Welcome to the forums,

I am pretty new to the hunting community as well and have learned a heck of alot from here.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome and maybe you can pick up some tips out of all this chatter and help your kill ratio.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wecome Owner ..... as for using a crossbow if its legal in your state then more power to ya br'o ....

dd
Old 08-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Welcome ITO...

Quick Reply: New Member and first post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.