Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Homemade ground blinds

Old 08-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Spike

Default Homemade ground blinds

Does anyone have good ideas or pictures of their own personal homemade ground blind?

i have some ideas but always looking to improve my own and or make them better looking-

Almost that time of the year to begin setting them up

Does anyone use a fence or netting material as a base and build off of it with natural materials in the area you hunt?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Homemade ground blinds

One of my favorites is the tops from felled trees where someone has been logging, you don't have to do much to them and the deer aren't spooked by them.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

I'd be interested in some ideas as well. Have alway said I was going to make a few around our place but just haven't gotten to it.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your right it's getting that time of year and I've been out setting an area up.
I looked for a spot with heavey traffic ( alot of deer trails ) found a good wide tree with low hanging limbs.
Started picking up some dead fall branch'es piling them up around that wide tree.
Then I put some branch'es and limb on top of the low hanging limbs of that tree.
Cleared the inside of the area down to the bare earth , added some leaves for natural cover .
When it comes time to use it , all I have to do is pop my Double Bull inside it and I'll be ready for Mr. Big Buck to come walking by.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Your right it's getting that time of year and I've been out setting an area up.
I looked for a spot with heavey traffic ( alot of deer trails ) found a good wide tree with low hanging limbs.
Started picking up some dead fall branch'es piling them up around that wide tree.
Then I put some branch'es and limb on top of the low hanging limbs of that tree.
Cleared the inside of the area down to the bare earth , added some leaves for natural cover .
When it comes time to use it , all I have to do is pop my Double Bull inside it and I'll be ready for Mr. Big Buck to come walking by.

Here's a inside view

Old 08-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have done great by buying 15 ft by 4 ft camo burlap at wally world.15 ft won't box you in but it does three side nicely. I use staples thru a small piece of leather to keep the burlap where I put it. The side of the blind that is open get well covered with brush except where I get in. I leave a five gallon bucket in them to sit on prior to the season and I'm ready to go.
One bonus of a ground blind it they are always a little warmer and out of the wind.
At $15 bucks it make a cheap blind which I can afford to put a few extra out. Plus when the maggots come by to steel your stand no big deal.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Spike

Hey guys/gals. We make our own tree stands, box stands as well. However my brother has made some ground blinds that are light, easy to carry, cheap. Take some 2x2 lumber, make a square frame , staple some old camo or netting to it . take another frame or two, cover as well. now you have a 2/3 sided blind. he uses old cupboard hinges to connect them . Packs flat, light and easy to haul in/out with you. JUst sit behind it and wait for the quarry. Oh, make it whatever height best suits you for shooting while sitting. about 3 ft high should be about right. Good luck to all this season.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM

Been there for years. Deer have become used to it and walk right by me. Military camo netting.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 PM

Box blind, killed one out of this one last season. Great when cold.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 PM

Wife hunts out of this one. You can also sit under it.

Quick Reply: Homemade ground blinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.