Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A Bird Hunting a Deer

Old 08-10-2007, 06:24 AM

Default A Bird Hunting a Deer

Yes, the headline is correct. This bird comes out of nowhere and attacks this deer. I'm wondering if the deer is wounded, can't really tell.

http://huntingcorp.ning.com/video/video/show?id=790853:Video:422

Old 08-10-2007, 07:22 AM

Default RE: A Bird Hunting a Deer

I think that guy had the bird on his arm and then let it go to attack the deer. Watch right at the first.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah it is a very large eagle(I forgot whichtype they said it was). This video was shot in Europe somewhere also, so those aren't whitetail deer either. Anyway it is still a very cool video!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:12 AM

Seen this video on another forum and yes the guy was hunting with the eagle (not sure what they call it). Like bryant said there not whitetails but a much smaller deer over there. I really think what they do is cool but someday if that bird keeps tumbling like that, it's going to brake a wing.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Yeah, i never saw anything like that, that is why i posted it. thanks for the clarification on the video being from Europe and the deer was not a whitetail.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Went to a presentation by a local "raptor rescue". They told the story of 2 golden eagles out on the CO plains attacking and bringing down a pronghorn. They said the eagles were desperate and it was in a drought. It took most of the day for the two birds to bring it down.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Fork Horn

I know we are supposed to be all for the people who hunt and whatever types they use as long as legal.. Now having said thatI would like to say that I dont like this way of hunting or whatever it's called... This is just my opinion and am not trying to start a controversy over this... I had the e:mail sent to me by a few people and just dont like it...
Old 08-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: pyclub1

I know we are supposed to be all for the people who hunt and whatever types they use as long as legal.. Now having said thatI would like to say that I dont like this way of hunting or whatever it's called... This is just my opinion and am not trying to start a controversy over this... I had the e:mail sent to me by a few people and just dont like it...

I agree 100%
Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

That video was made in the Czech Republic, and the deer is known as a Roe deer, and I tell you, those are extra tiny deer. If you saw a trophy Roe deer rack, you'd think someone shot an immature yearling.

They are pretty much the size of maturewhitetail fawns.

When I was on the train in the Czech Republic, I thought I was seeing a ton of fawns in fields, but it turned out they were does and shed bucks.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 AM

That is still incredible though! I mean it is still an eagle taking out a deer. This does happen in the wild, and for those of you that don't like it you still have to appreciate how incredible something like that is. We are all hunters and personally I am in awe by videos that show this sort of thing happening in nature. I know this one was probably staged but it does happen on its own and is caught on tape occasionally.

Quick Reply: A Bird Hunting a Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.