Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Man vs Wild

Old 08-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Man vs Wild

Anyone see the episode of Man vs Wild and Bear Grilles trying to hunt a deer? That dude is crazy, but trying to hunt the deer that way was insane!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM

Default RE: Man vs Wild

havent seen it yet. i love that show tho, its great. i could sit there and watch a marathon. either way, how was he trying to hunt it? i can only imagine how based on some of the other crazy things he does. fill me in
Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 PM

Did he list Jimmy Houston in the credits as an advisor?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Iwas readingthat Bear was a fake. It seems he films the program in the "wild" then the crew and himself return to a fancy hotel room to rest the night away. Only to return to the "wild" to be stranded and surviving again.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:44 PM

I watch Man Vs Wild, but he is fake. Les Stroud "SurvivorMan" rules, new episode this Friday on Discovery!
Old 08-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Yep Bear grylls=FAKE. I think discovery either cancled his show or put him on at a time that nobody will watch. But the Survior man show rules!! That guy actually shows you how to survive not how to be a dare devil.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes - Les is the real Survior man! He actually inspired me in several ways while filming our video.... One man doing what he does (with supplies) is tough enough - I can't imagine doing it with no food or water! Just nuts!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Seems like you guys aren't too sure about Bear. Here's some background info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls

You guys seem to have a misunderstanding of what Man vs. Wild is about. Bear's not trying to survive himself, he's showing you what to do in the worst possible situation if you were ever confronted with it. Yes, a lot of the stuff he does doesn't seem too smart, but when it's life or death you're faced with, you gotta do what you gotta do. Bear shows you how.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 PM

i agree with both. but i wish i would remmeber 1/4 of the things he tels ya if i was ever in a situation like that. i am going to take every epidosde with me on my next adventure to ensure ill know what to do in any situation lol. some things he does do seem a little awkward, or fake lol. like it was set up, but i duhno, if he really has the background, then maybe hes telling the truth and jus isnt being very "real" about it lol. also, he always has a story about a person in the same situation and they either die or survive lol, but there always the same type of stories..."about 2 years ago, 2 hikers were in this same canyon, one died so the other ate his freind raw to survive. he was very weak when found, but he was alive" lol. everytime he begins saying one of these i start to laugh, he could easily make them up and we would never know the different. overall tho, i do like his show.

hunterspace - you never answered me, how did he try to kill the deer that was so funny? im sure its funny
Old 08-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Bear is the truth. I'm not a big fan of Les's. He just isn't as cool as Bear, but I will say that what he does is harder than what Bear does. He really is by himself. Bear's pretty extreme though. I didn't see the deer hunting episode, but he killed a rabbit with a stick. I was impressed.

Quick Reply: Man vs Wild

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.