Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Man vs Wild

Old 08-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Man vs Wild

Both shows are good. They show you techniques that hopefully we will never have use in the field. Bear never claimed he was alone in the wilderness. The camera crew is with him and being 2 versus being alone in the wild already makes a big difference.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 AM

Survivor man is the best. Bear is a cool dude, but is a fraud. Here is the article that is out of his own country:
http://huntingcorp.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=790853%3ABlogPost%3A441
Old 08-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

i havent seen that one but i like the show it may be fake though
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watch both shows, and I find both informative, but Man vs Wild seems to be somewhat more contrived. I respect Bear Gryllis for what he has accomplished. BTW the21st Regiment is a Reserve or Territorial Army (their National Guard) SAS Regiment. That is the regiment that Bear was a member of.If I recall, 22nd is the only active duty SAS Regiment.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

This thread turned into a re-run of the other that was up a couple of weeks ago, what I want to know about is the episode he was trying to hunt deer (mentioned in the first post), how did it go? Was he successful or was it comical?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:29 AM

i beleive surviroman comes on tonight again at 9pm. i guess he took bears spot...b/c i thought bear used to be on at 9pm on fridays, i duhno. im gonna watch it and see how it is. bears still a cool show tho imo
Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 AM

lol but we still havent answered original question, has anyone seen the episode wher ehe tried to kill a deer? if so, how did he do it and all.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I suspected something was up. Straight-up, I don't care how fit you are, how much you know, after several days with little sleep, food, or water - you would be DRAGGING - like Les usually is.....

Most of the time Bear is going out of his way to climb, decend, jump into muck, freezing water, and what-not. You can't tell me that when you're in the freezing cold with nothing, and you're camera team has a tent and all the provisions - you wouldn't cave! I think Bear caves....
Old 08-10-2007, 03:48 PM

i agree. im watrching surviroman right now on my laptop and i do like him better. he seems more real regarding survivoral and not trying to look like a he-man who climbs over, thru, under and around stuff. seems like hes more keen on jus surviving. i like both shows tho
Old 08-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

I watch Man Vs Wild, but he is fake. Les Stroud "SurvivorMan" rules, new episode this Friday on Discovery!
I've heard the same thing that this guy on Man v. Wild doesn't stay out in the wild every night as he leads you to believe. Though he does some pretty risky and disgusting things (e.g. drinking water he squeezed from supposedly fresh elephant crap!) [:'(]

I do like this Les Stround "Survivor Man". He is believable and think he does spend the whole week out in the wild or until he finds his way back. The episode up in the Arctic was really wild! Sleeping out in Polar Bear territory in early Spring! Yikes!