Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Man vs Wild

Old 08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Man vs Wild

I prefer survivorman also, but Im not about to call bear a fake. I sure as heck know that I would never chomp down on a grub the size of my thumb or toss some worms in my mouth.

I believe they said that he stayed in a hotel room sometime during the sierra nevada episode correct? My guess would be that they dropped him somewhere in the mountains, he walked to the bottom of the hill, and there just happned to be a lodge there.

Remember it is just a tv show. They probably didnt have enough footage to create an episode, otherwise thats how they would have ended the show, with him finding the lodge.

But I mean how could you not have known that some of it was going to be set up when they said the camera crew was going to be following him at the beginning of the series?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

I don't think this Bear guy would even make it through basic SERE school.
Just curious about the basis for that opinion. The guy was in the British SAS (Special Forces).

I prefer Survivorman as well, but Man v. Wild is also interesting and informative, regardless of whether he stays in hotels or whatever.

The only Man vs. Wild show that I've seen involving a deer involvedGrylls finding one that was already dead,skinning it and using the pelt to help keep warm.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 AM

I would like to see a realality show based on a group of people who have to survive in the wilderness for a month. No stupid games. No fake settings. This would be a true survivor show. One that I would love to compete in. Although expept for the quiters I just wouldnt know how you would brake a tie. Maybe make it a trek back & forth across the Canadien wilderness.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Any person that says you shouldn't do something, and then does it, is a walking contradiction. Bear said, "You really shouldn't drink this, but I'm really thirsty". He is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I have been through SERE, so I know better. People, listen to Les, not Bear.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: CovertOps

I would like to see a realality show based on a group of people who have to survive in the wilderness for a month. No stupid games. No fake settings. This would be a true survivor show. One that I would love to compete in. Although expept for the quiters I just wouldnt know how you would brake a tie. Maybe make it a trek back & forth across the Canadien wilderness.
I agree totally. You get a 40 pound pack. You get to decide what is in the pack but it must be under 40 LBS/18 KG. No immunity challenges, no hidden alliances. Everybody better work together to survive. Anyone, wants to back stab they can just go home. that would be interesting to say the least. It probably wouldn't make it because there wouldn't be any drama, or suspense.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:56 AM

It would make it with the people who like survovor man & man vs wild. With a group of people put togeather in a stressful situation like that there would be drama. It could go any number of ways they could work togeather & build a awsome camp or go on there own & be rouge. rouges could sneak into camp & get provisions. The only way out would be Quit. Get injured. or have a doctor say you were not fit to go on. That would be a survivor show.

We could pit the Survivor guy up agaisnt the Man vs wild guy. That would also help this debate.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM

when does survivorman come on? is he in the wilderness alone, meaning that he has to carry his own camera? i like man vs. wild alot, so maybe i would like the other one much more. i would like to watch it
Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: geterdun2

when does survivorman come on? is he in the wilderness alone, meaning that he has to carry his own camera? i like man vs. wild alot, so maybe i would like the other one much more. i would like to watch it
Survivorman is the original and Bear the newby punk. New Survivorman episodes start 8/10 on Discovery. Les/Survivorman carries his cameras and survives and films on own.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM

lol hes a soldier. thats even extra then a normal person lost in the wild would have to carry, they wouldnt have a camera to haul around lol. im going to start watching it. i didnt klnow he was before bear, i saw his show on once and turned it off thinking to myselff "copycat", but maybe i was mistaken lol. thanks for the info
Old 08-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bear is pretty bad-arse as well, no-one will doubt that. My only "gripe" is that the guy is always trying to create "entertaining stuff" versus showing a realistic survival situation. Does anyone really run that much?

Quick Reply: Man vs Wild

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.