Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Man vs Wild

Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Spike

Default RE: Man vs Wild

Either way, its a lot better than the other crap on TV...
Old 08-08-2007, 07:59 PM

Sure, Les carries his own gear and all, but Bear's show is much more interesting and makes for better tv. It's exciting. "So you'd never want to do this, but I'm going to just to show you how you'd do it if you had to." vs "I'm sitting here carrying camera gear back and forth across this barren landscape. Oh yeah, fire making time soon." Either way, if any one of us get's in a life or death wilderness situation, remembering a fraction of what you saw on the show would help loads.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

I don't think this Bear guy would even make it through basic SERE school.
Just curious about the basis for that opinion. The guy was in the British SAS (Special Forces).
Whatever else you take away from SERE, the most important thing to remember is to make sound decisions using what you have been taught. In other words, make sure you don't do anything stupid that will kill you or make others have to care for you.

As for the SAS, I have had the pleasure of working and training with them in my mispent youth. They are well organized, have strong tactics and are extremely physically fit. The ones I have met were excellent marksmen as well. Their training didn't focus on survival as much as American troops. I think this has more to do with the availability of varied terrain that we have in our country than anything else. We can train guys in the desert, jungle, forest, swamp, or mountains without ever leaving home. Also, from hanging out with them off-duty, I think they must have to fail some type of psych screening to qualify for training, they did things for kicks that were downright stupid.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 PM

bear grills says that he is hungry but at night when they turn the camera off the camera man takes out some steaks and hamburgers and hot dogs for bear to eat lol
Old 08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

I love the episode where he hunts rabbits with snares and knocks that one out with a blow to the head from 15 yards or so away.

My 100th post!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love both shows
Old 08-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Both show's are ok in my book.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The one show where Bear stayed at a hotel was a "how to" guide... nowhere did it say that he was putting himself in danger out in the wild for days. No questions. No buts. No if's. None. I don't want to hear it; that show was not like Man vs. Wild.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:13 PM

It's a tv show guys. Are you really surprised that some things are fudged. Why shouldn't they be? It's his job to make a cool tv show not to actually cheatdeath each week. There is a reason why neither Bear or survivorman have lost hands or feet to frostbite or had serious health problems from parasites or had their skin sunburned to the point of serious damage. It's just a tv show and it's a job. No one needs to dye in the making of a tv show. It doesn't need to be that real.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Spike

I prefer les over Bears.....

Quick Reply: Man vs Wild

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.