Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Man vs Wild

Old 08-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Man vs Wild

If any of us had the same support Bear had in the wild we would be able to do it too (well maybe not that water from the dung episode). Les is in the bush by himself and is the real deal.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Spike

could you climb mt.everest whitetaildreamer?......BEAR is the real deal......check his credentials
Old 08-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Killed a rabbit with a stick my .... u know what. i think that was the fakest thing i ever saw
showed him throw a stick then u hear a FAKE, PLOP, wile the camera never showed the stick hittin the rabbit...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: okodoka

could you climb mt.everest whitetaildreamer?......BEAR is the real deal......check his credentials
Lots of people climb Mt. Everest every year. Sherpas have made it really easy to do, albeit expensive. When you see 55 year-old CEO's who don't even walk to play golf doing it, it kind of diminishes the accomplishment. I don't think this Bear guy would even make it through basic SERE school.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

Lots of people die climbingMt. Everestevery year too. I thought It looked like people exagerated about how hard it is to to climb. But, after watching that show "Everest" it changed my mind.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 PM

I watch both shows, but definitely prefer survivorman just because it is real.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 AM

I like the story busting Bear for being fake that was posted on here within a month ago. I believe it was a new York daily. Said stuff like Bear, stayed in hotels while faking surviving in Hawaii, had a crew of people build the raft for him when stranded on the tropical island then it was taken apart so he could "build it" on film, having tame and domesticated horses unloaded in a pasture so he could fake tryingto use a"Native American" laso in order to capture and ride a "wild Horse." Bear is fake! Get over you disappointment.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:34 AM

I think the numbers on people actually climbing Mt everest are not as high as some prefer to believe. I bet there are not that many who reach the summit. I dont know which is true or which is fake. I do like survivor man better just because he seems a little more real. But I wont go into who is doing it right.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't doubt Bear's credentials but he does get loads of support in the wild. He has to,inorderto createan effective high budgetprogram. And yes, okodoka,I probably could climb Mt. Everest since I climbed Mt. McKinlythree years ago (though not as high as Everest, a larger mountain with it's own specific difficulties). But I could not have climbed it alone. It was a great team effort. Climbs such as these require many people, each having refined experience and skill, all working togetheras one. That is why I know that Bear could not climb Mt. Everest alone either.I have been on many wilderness expeditions including paddling the Albany to James Bay (last 2days we had to stay in the middle of the river and couldn't come to shore due to the large amount of polar bears)and the Mackenzie to the Arctic (before leaving the RCMP check to make sure you have an extensive first aid kit and a rifle, as we paddled along the arctic had a very large Kodiak follow us for the better part of a day. The tripended in Tuktiuktuk). In each case I was part of a team and not alone. Thoughvery enjoyable and memorable experiences I could not imagine the difficulty ofsuch expeditions alone (not doing such adventures totempt fate, I have a wife and kids to come home to). This is why I believe that Les is far better than Bear in the bush. He does it alone. I will never doubt the survival ability of those with specialized military training butwhen it comes to survival in the wilderness as far as I am concerned itcomes down to"time in". The best that I have ever seen is a guy that I have paddled with for the last 25 years. He is in his early 60's and his skills in the bush are amazing.His credentialshave been refined bynear 50 years of trekking through the Canadian wilderness.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 AM

I was a fan of Man vs. Wild until the "wild Mustang" episode.I'm a former rodeo Bronc Rider, and a part time horse trainer who has worked with true mustangs. I can tell you without hesitation that that scene was absolutely staged and as fake as fake can be. I absolutely hated the show that he swam under the brush pile in the canyon, only to come to a dead end so he could "chimney" climb out. If you tried that in a true survival situation you would drown under the brush or fall to your death on the climb.

Ifind the Survivor Man show more realistic, informative, and enjoyable personally.

Quick Reply: Man vs Wild

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.