HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Anyone ever... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/200494-anyone-ever.html)

joejoepeck 08-03-2007 12:04 PM

Anyone ever...

have a run in w/ an Anti? One timeme and my buddy were just talking about hunting anddeer and stuff like that, when a woman walked up and started in on us about hunting and and how horrible it was, and she said that she had been listening in on our conversation. My buddy looked her right in the face and said "wow, I bet you felt awekward." Then we laughed:DI just wanted to know if anyone shared any similar situations.

Hooker 08-03-2007 12:13 PM

RE: Anyone ever...

I met a girl at a party in Houston a couple of months ago. She was hot and seemed pretty cool, so we traded e-mails and phone numbers. I'm in Houston about once a month, so I wasn't really thinking about having a relationship but you know ;), anyways, when I got back home, she e-mailed me about 2 days later talking about how she saw some hunting pictures of mine and she started crying and the whole e-mail was her lecturing me about how evil hunting was. I couldn't understand this b/c the last time I saw her she was shoving a hamburger down her mouth. So, I guess in her world it's evil to kill a cute deer, but ok to raise a cow to be slaugtered. Some girls should really think before they open their mouths.

whitetaildreamer 08-03-2007 12:17 PM

I've had the same situation before. The lady had 2 kids in tow, both carrying McDonald's bags. I aked her who killed the meat that her children were eating. She said they were dead already when she bought them...no kidding. We left her thinking though. These people are so isolated from the reality of where their meat comes from. I also stated that I preferred that my children eat meat that was not filled with preservatives, steroids and all the other stuff they put in cattle to increase their size. I don't think that she was converted but maybe next time whe will think before she starts flapping her uninformed rants.

joejoepeck 08-03-2007 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

I've had the same situation before. The lady had 2 kids in tow, both carrying McDonald's bags. I aked her who killed the meat that her children were eating. She said they were dead already when she bought them...no kidding. We left her thinking though. These people are so isolated from the reality of where their meat comes from. I also stated that I preferred that my children eat meat that was not filled with preservatives, steroids and all the other stuff they put in cattle to increase their size. I don't think that she was converted but maybe next time whe will think before she starts flapping her uninformed rants.
Yeah most people have that "out of sight, out of mind" thing going on.

SamPAhunter 08-03-2007 01:42 PM

It's so funny at school whenever a teacher or me and my friends talk about hunting/killing animals how many girls goo awwww poor thing. And me and my buds start cheering:DI have had plenty of people come up to me when me and my friends are talkin about hunting and lecture us but I just tell them to buzz off this isnt their conversation. And most of the time they leave[:@].

**ADDED** I also wanted to add in that there might be a good many antis....but there are also a lot of people who just dont know about it and when you get them out there they love it. A lot of girls at my school would seem like they would hate to be out in the woods or fishing but you take them and they love it or whenever you bring in jerky you have a line in front of you.

walters444hunt 08-03-2007 02:02 PM

ive herd of antis breaking perfume bottles and soaping trees to keep deer away from hunters to me that either covers a hunters scent better or pushes more deer in another hunters area either way if its big and brown it will get shot down and that tactic is hurting not helping to save deer

Siman08/OH 08-03-2007 02:09 PM

Theres alot of girls and teachers in my school that are against hunting, im even freinds with some of them and it makes for a good argument every once in a while.

MO-KS_hunter 08-03-2007 02:10 PM

Anytime I have a "conversation" or debate with someone who questions the ethics of hunting I start it outbyasking them if they eat meat or use any animal byproducts. The"conversation" usually ends pretty quickly when I point out how hypocritical it is for someone to come down on hunting but eat a nice juicy steak.

People in our society are too far removed from the food cycle. They think chicken orground beef are grown in the grocery store or something. I also blame Walt Disney formakingpopular the idea that animalsare equivalent tohumans and hunters are killing cute fuzzy little people [:@][:@][:@]

Red Lion 08-03-2007 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: MO-KS_hunter

Anytime I have a "conversation" or debate with someone who questions the ethics of hunting I start it outbyasking them if they eat meat or use any animal byproducts. The"conversation" usually ends pretty quickly when I point out how hypocritical it is for someone to come down on hunting but eat a nice juicy steak.

People in our society are too far removed from the food cycle. They think chicken orground beef are grown in the grocery store or something. I also blame Walt Disney formakingpopular the idea that animalsare equivalent tohumans and hunters are killing cute fuzzy little people [:@][:@][:@]
x 2 on what you just said. You nailed it.

joejoepeck 08-03-2007 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: MO-KS_hunter

Kudos, well said. I use to go to a school where if you were a hunter you got treated like you had a disease or something. I have had some serious throwdowns with some pot smokin liberals before.