Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone drive a car??or just trucks?? >

Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Old 08-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

This is how I travel to hunt......and when I have to work.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Chevy Silverado all the way. Sure looks great with a deer in the bed. Also transportss my targets, blinds, stands, and climbers nicely.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a hunter green 1999 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab Prerunner (4 cylinder) automatic... and I get 20 mpg on the highway. It's exactly what I want.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

I have an 04 Nissan Titan that is my daily driver and "to the hunt" migrator. However, when the family goes out together, I'm a soccer-mom...err...dad. My wife has an 07 Nissan Quest.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Chevy s10 here. Its the turkey mobile. Got a strutting turkey on the antenna, strutting turkey on the ball hitch, got bobble head turkey and deer on the dash with mossy oak floor mats and a big buck sticker on the back glass...
Old 08-06-2007, 07:07 PM

For what it's worth, when I was a kid living in Wisconsin (many years ago), hardly anyone in town had a pickup, and tying the dead deer to the roof or hood of the car was the only way to get them home.

I have memories of seeing many a bleeding deer corpse on the hood of an Oldsmobile, sitting in the parking lot of the neighborhood grocery store. Nobody thought it was unusual.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

I drive an 02 grand prix everyday for work...but I take the rust ol' diesel for hunting...sometimes i luck out and get the newer pickup of my dads,,01 vs 89...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a s-10....Minnow

i sleep in the bed or the cab depending on skeeters...

not too comfy, but she has hauled most of my critters home, so i'll keep her.....i had a celebrity between trucks, i hated it...i tried putting hunting stickers on it, but it just wasnt the same....then one day while i'm working a gobbler, i hear the door of a truck shut, i was pi$$ed, i knew what he was doing, he was sneaking up on my bird, so i got up and ran to where he was, i didnt get the bird, but he didnt either, lol.......he said he would of never stopped,but he thought my car belonged to a fishing person......after that hunt, there was no more cars.....trying to get a hog in the trunk was kinda nasty too.....with a truck, you can spray the lost blood and be done withit, not in a trunk, lol.......
Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

You Redheaded Neck!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Just got a new '07 Silverado 4x4. Can't wait to break it in this hunting season. Definitely truck over car. Even a little Ranger or Colorado would do better then a car. Plus some ofthese trucks can get better then 25 mpg.

Quick Reply: Anyone drive a car??or just trucks??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.