HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Comer deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/200297-comer-deer.html)

jedge1979 08-02-2007 02:21 AM

Comer deer

Just wanted to know if anyone of you guys have used this product? If so how and how well did it work for you? Thanks

timbercruiser 08-02-2007 05:54 AM

RE: Comer deer

If you mean C'mere Deer, the stuff Hank Parker sells, there are probably 25 or more post a year about the stuff. In general the opinion is that it is another magic bean to get your money. A few people have had some success with it, but most of the hunters on here have not been impressed. Welcome to the board.

nothinspecial 08-02-2007 05:31 PM

C'Mere DeerĀ® is a secret blend of plant and root extracts "synthesized." The formulation is as unique by design as are the results. Not only has extensive research gone into which plant and root extracts deer prefer, but how to blend them so deer will desire them.

~from the c'mere deer website

A general tip: Anything claiming to be a "secret blend" is a load of bull.

The only thing with a ''secret blend'' that I endorse is my own BBQ sauce recipe. ;)

cliffbama 08-02-2007 06:29 PM

I used it last season and to see how well it worked,I made 2 piles of corn side by side,1 pile had comeer deer and the other didnt.The pile with it was gone before they touched the other.Then I took the powder and sprinkled it on a deer trail and I killed a nice buck,it stopped him in his trackes! So yea,Im a firm believer!!!

AR Bowhunter 08-02-2007 07:13 PM

Some guys at the camp used it without a bit of success.

zrexpilot 08-02-2007 08:38 PM

Ya it works, but it's nothing magical. Deer are not going to come running to it the day you put it out, deer have to find it first, it works no better than corn or any other attractant. Deer hunting is about being in the right spot at the right time, and thats the key, knowing which is the right spot and the right time. Learn that and you will be succesfull.
The stuff you see on TV where they come running to it, is on high fenced over populated hunting preserves. Hunting shows are a gimmick, believe nothing you see on those shows.

jedge1979 08-02-2007 09:42 PM

I figured that but thought it was worth asking others opinions.

allmightyhunter13 08-03-2007 11:40 AM

c'mere deer worked fantastic for me!! it was my first time using it!!! i would usually set sum corn out and come back a week to get cam and the corn would be eatin but would still be alot left soo i bought me sum and i recently mixed it with the corn!! and in a matter of 4 days all the corn was gone and i had 608 photo's sooo i think c'mere deer is a great way to get deer on ur camera!!

CTJohnB 08-05-2007 10:07 PM

I have tried them all you name it and I find basically a lot of those things are just basic salt, sugar, and a flavoring of some sort,SoI combine some salt and brown sugar to a big jug of apple cider or aplle juice works good also, But I prefere the cider myself, anyway mix and shake well pour on the ground and Walah the deer will paw at it for a good 2 weeks and not to mention if you haveseveral stands it will save you a lot of money in the long run, also try to poke holes in the ground pretty deep so help it get into the soil, and I think they work just as good if not better than the stuff you buy, just my 2 cents. besides have the kids help you mix it it up and it helps entertain the kids which means Happy Kids becasue there helping daddy which also meansHappy Wife Which = More Hunting Time!!!!

goos_blues 08-05-2007 11:01 PM

I smelled some of the liquid today, smell just like apple juice to me.