Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

who hunts in south carolina

Old 08-11-2007, 06:46 PM

Default RE: who hunts in south carolina

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

gallred , Not sure about it being for sell but alot of hogs. I will be there next Friday. Probably a better shot at a pig, but I'm fine with that.
I'm pretty sure they have it listed in two seperate tracts of 900 and 1500 Acres for a total of about $4.1 million. I sell real estate and have been concentrating more and more on the land side of it, I've been thinking about checking it out.
Good luck Friday, I'm going Wednesday if possible. I've been at the hospital the last couple of days, my wife just had a baby girl! Is it wrong to leave her with a 5 day old girl, a two year old boy and a 9 year old lab to go sit in the woods?
Old 08-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

As long as momma's happy and fine with it, enjoy yourself.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gallred

I'm pretty sure they have it listed in two seperate tracts of 900 and 1500 Acres for a total of about $4.1 million. I sell real estate and have been concentrating more and more on the land side of it, I've been thinking about checking it out.
Good luck Friday, I'm going Wednesday if possible. I've been at the hospital the last couple of days, my wife just had a baby girl! Is it wrong to leave her with a 5 day old girl, a two year old boy and a 9 year old lab to go sit in the woods?
Good Lord its getting bad.

Right before I moved back to VA in the winter time there was a piece of land that went up for sale off County Line Rd, I think it was off of Hyde Park Rd. Undeveloped land.... 5 acres... $40K per acre.... ridiculous how expensive land is down there. That place must have a hell of a house to be commanding 4.1 mil for 2600 acres.....
Old 08-12-2007, 06:24 PM

I will be moving to the Laurens area. Have a small place (18.6 acres) on Nelly Ferry Rd. just off on Ecom Beach Rd. Haven't had a chance to look much of the county over but understand there is a deer club lease a little ways behind my place. Is anyone farmiliar with the general area?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those 2 bucks in beufort are amazing trophies for SC... I go right beside yemassee beufort on the interstate while going to my property in Varneville... also, how do yall get those google earth pics on here?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:34 PM
DMP

Yeah land here is really high. If you find land as low as 2000 an acre it has either been stripped of the timber or its a 30 to 45 min ride before you see the first person.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

Those 2 bucks in beufort are amazing trophies for SC... I go right beside yemassee beufort on the interstate while going to my property in Varneville... also, how do yall get those google earth pics on here?
First, you need google earth

Then you zoom in to where ever, Whatever country.

When you get the screen to the image you want to Dwld, go to "file", "Save Image", then give it a name (name.jpg).

Then to post, click on "click here to upload!",
You may have to resize, maybe not...
Then upload the photo and check the "embed in post"

Thats Everest btw...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Fork Horn

If land is that expensive where y'all are, then I don't feel so bad anymore. I can typically find land for 1500/acre. If your lucky you can find 900-1000/acre.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:40 AM

I hunt in Jacksonboro in Colloton County, and all across Charleston County. I can't wait to turn some dogs loose come Wednesday.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:25 AM

The price of land has a lot to do with where it is, what's on it and the highest and best use(development, ag, conservation, timber, etc.). In Charleston County, if you can find a peice of land, count on it costing $15k to $50k/acre, Beaufort County $7k to $10k, Hampton County $3K. There are a lot of tracts for sale up near Kingstree right now, $3k and under. As for opening day, Wednesday's not looking good, I don't think I can bring myself to leave the wife with a 5 day old...unless it's for work. Does anyone need to go look at a piece of property on Wednesday?

Quick Reply: who hunts in south carolina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.