Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

who hunts in south carolina

Old 08-07-2007, 09:04 PM

Default RE: who hunts in south carolina

It has settled down a lot from the past few years (90's). There used to be fights and all sorts of crazy things in that place every night. Still do the Karyokey deal, still a bunch of drunkerds singing their guts out. More family oriented now though.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 PM

A little further south...Tomotley.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Here it is.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:42 AM

It is amazing at the difference in the parts of the county near the coastline, and then more inland tracts such as Yemasee. I hunted near there a few years back--before a bunch of Florida guys took over the lease[:@]by offering more money and displacing us 'locals'--I lived in Savannah at the time which was about 45 minutes away. The landI now hunt is strictly the smaller bodied coastal native deer, and not the 'transplants' that were released in these other areas. Has anyone else experienced a 'hostile takeover' by hunters coming in from Florida? We had a tract that was part of Okatee Plantation, managed by a father and son that has gotten to the point to where they will only cater to the guys coming up from Florida, and exclude any locals in their own back yard. I also had another private tract that I had taken out from under me mid season by another group of Florida boys.I guessthe old woman needed more money, but it still wasn't right.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:52 AM

There are a lot of guys coming up From Florida to lease, but they also spend lots of money in our counties. You have to be willing to compete with them, they are willing to pay big money to come hunt around here...
It really doesnt bother me, hunters from FL, GA, SC, TN, or where ever; They are hunters coming to our home to hunt, that flatters me. Besides its just another vote or two on our side.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 AM

Those are all positive aspects that effect the county and economy, and have no problem with any of that , or with Florida guys hunting--or from any other state for that matter--as long as they folow some simple ettiquette and respect. I hunt 'Bama, NC, and SC! But I don't go to these places and gain entrance to a lease, and then undermine the original lease holders by offering more moneyso thatI can take over and bring in my buddies. I don't call that competing, I call it unscrupulous and arrogant. I prefer to show respect for others. If they were there first, and no matter how badI may wish to hunt there, ifI can't get it legit, I don't want it. It has become a problem in Georgia to the point that a lot of clubs wil not allow hunters in from Florida for the same reasons. In no way am I saying that all hunters from Florida do this, but it is much too prevalent.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM

I don't have any direct experience negative or positive with out of state hunters, but I've heard stories, and know enough people who are biased against Florida hunters to know that some of that reputation is deserved. It's a shame when a few "bad seeds" can give an entire group of people a bad rep. The main reason they flock here to hunt is to take advantage of our long season and liberal bag limits.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

I have 100 acres near ridgeway in Fairfield County, about 500 acres in lee county and 100 acres near manning(borders Black River Plantation.

Only 7 Days till I can start slinging arrows.

WOO HOO
Old 08-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Black River is for sale isn't it? What do you think of the property?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

A number of years ago, we lost a lease property club because some Florida hunters offered the landowner $10 an acre over our $3. There was no way we couldtop their offer. You can't blame the land owner. That was a lot more money in his pocket with farming being a gamble anyhow. Also I was driving home from AL one Sunday afternoon during deer season and as I was getting closer to SC on I-20, I kept noticing most of the traffic coming out of SC were trucks with 4-wheelers in them or on trailors. I mean a HUNDRED or more! I thought there had been a show or something that I had missed. Some buddies later said that was how it was every Sunday evening as Georgia and Florida hunters were driving home from their leases in SC.

Quick Reply: who hunts in south carolina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.