Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
NEVER SEEN OR KILLED A DROP TINE BUCK
57.01%
I HAVE SEEN A DROP TINE BUCK IN THE WILD
33.64%
I HAVE HARVESTED A DROP TINE BUCK IN THE WILD
9.35%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Drop Tines

Old 07-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Drop Tines

I am fasinated with drop tine bucks and wanted to see some numbers on who all has seen one in the wild and who has harvested one.

If you could also post where you saw or harvested the buck, that would be some more helpful information.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Drop Tines

The other day me and my 2 brothers were out in my bean field filming deer. I had the binoculars and one of my brothers had the camera and the other was just with us. We saw a doe and filmed her for a little while and got bored of it so my brother turned the camer off and we started sneaking away through the beans. Right as i turn around i hear my brothers gasp. I turn around and thier staring at where the doe was. Apparently, when we started sneaking away, a huge buck had jumped up from next to wear the doe was standing and bounded off into the woods. And aparently he had a 3 inch drop tine on the right main beam. And he didnt have time to turn the camera on. [:@]
Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 AM

your confusing me on the bowhunting thread you dont talk abouo drop tine bucks but here you are talkiing about it?[>:]
Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 PM

I was fortunate enough to see one years ago, and missed the shot, I was pretty young, but he was huge. I have gotten two different bucks on trail cams with drop tines, one I never saw, one I got to see but he was out of range, but I have tons of pics of him. These were all on the same farm in central MO.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cascade hunter

your confusing me on the bowhunting thread you dont talk abouo drop tine bucks but here you are talkiing about it?[>:]
ummm....what? lol
Old 07-30-2007, 02:28 PM

Shot last year in ND, pretty young though, but I never had a chance at a drop tine (took him a year or two too early).

Old 07-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have shot
Old 07-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

i think i would have taken the shot also. a drop tine buck only comes around once in a lifetime it seems.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I lowered my standards to shoot a droptine several years ago. If i had it to do over I would have passed.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot my first drop tine last fall during archery season. My first ever deer had a broke off dropper. I saw two last year (the one of which I killed) I saw one the year before also.

Quick Reply: Drop Tines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.