Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

public land

Old 07-30-2007, 06:51 PM

Default RE: public land

ORIGINAL: huntnma

ok, i'll forgive ya, lol......i understand about the markers, every year, cept for this one because i have had no spare time, but i usually go out and collect all the ribbons and markers, but i do leave them alone a month or so before the hunts and during the hunts.....i was wondering how you were going to get rid of your foot prints when you were placing those deer tracks yourself, lol.....
Yeah, the footprints were going to be a problem. I guess I could have done it barefoot, but then there would be people in there all hours looking for sasquatch!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Spike

Default RE: public land

Round here people like to get milesaway from the roads in search of deer by using four wheelers. Kinda stinks when I leave my truck walking hours before sun up to get to where I want to hunt only to have my hunt ruined by someone who left their truck 15 minutes ago on a four wheeler. Technicalyit is illeagaluse four wheelers of maintained roads in the national forest, but no one enforces those laws so people arround here do what ever they want.To find the deer around here on public land you have to go where no one would even take a four wheeler. Then you can kill big deer, but good luck getting them out of there. Every year I spend about 4 hours dragging a deer. Last year I did it three times. Glad I had the creeks to cool them off, it was pretty warm out.