Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My 2 most recent bucks....

Old 07-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My 2 most recent bucks....

I might have let them walk..........one more step. Great bucks.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

bristow- If you call those bucks small come to my small pach of wood where i hunt i'll show you small. you could put any of the racks i've got in side of those racks and still habve alot of room
Old 07-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

God, if there was a way to go back and get some of my OLD posts, from last year, I could show you a nice one that I had lol.. It makes my 10 pointer look like a baby.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

bristowboy-I have a cousin who live close to bristow, went hunting with him a few times mainly in the abby's woods seen alot of doe's and 4- bucks hoping to head there again this year ,the only thing is it take and hour to get there that means i have to leave my house at 4 in the morn.thats why i don't head up that way to often ,now if i were seening some big buck there i wouldn't mined getting up that early but to see the same sige bucks i have around home i don,t think so .
Old 07-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great racks, and body mass. How much did they weigh in at?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Those are nice bucks, but why is the throat slit on the second one. It looks like you put a good shot on him... Just wondering...
Old 07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

I dont really know how much they weighed..The check in stations dont have scales.. it sucks. Those are actually kind of small compared to what we've been seeing in the past 2 years. The size of the bucks have exploded. Theyre HUGE!!!

Arrow, the Abbey's property is almost right across the road from my house. Well it starts about a mile from my house, and lemme tell ya, there are some booners running around my house.A few years ago I wouldnt even consider hunting near my house because there was just nothing big. But now I changed my mind haha. I shot at the biggest buck I ever had a chance at last year, a true monster... Unfortunately trees like getting in the way. I heard that it got shot the next day by the neighbors... And a few days after that when I was with my brother, we saw the tallest racked 10 pointer that I ever saw. He had crazy mass, a super spread, and TALL! Right by the place where I shot at the big one I missed. My neighbor shot a big nontypical 15 pointer 2 years ago right there. No one had seen that deer before. And a mile from my house, in the opposite direction, I saw a deer once that I thought was a big bull until it came running towards our car and its rack came into view. It was the biggest bodied buck I have ever seen, and when my mom saw it, she said "OH MY GOD!!!!" It would have went upwards 190-200 inch TYPICAL. BUT after we saw it that one time, we never saw it again. People have been seeing another biggun over by the house this past week, but Im not sure how big he is, allI know is everyone is saying its a monster. I saw 2 big ones yesterday by the house. Im telling ya, Ive never seen such big deer! Ive been through Illinois and seen rutting bucks out in the fields all over the place, but they dont hold a candle to the ones we have. I cant believe it. THANK GOD INDIANA ISNT A VERY POPULAR BIG BUCK SPOT, we have em though hahahah... maybe itll stay a secret.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

Those are nice bucks, but why is the throat slit on the second one. It looks like you put a good shot on him... Just wondering...
Well I dont have the money to get my deer mounted, so I just usually cut the neck to cut the whatyamacallit (food tube lol)so I can rip the insides out easier.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

MY 2006 9-Pointer

I was about to say "way to almost point the muzzle at your collorbone", lol!!!!

Nice deer, the first one is like one of those Texas Realtree deer or something.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:03 AM
CRP

Those are both trophies in my book, nice deer!!

Quick Reply: My 2 most recent bucks....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.