Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Mixing Attractants and Supplements >

Mixing Attractants and Supplements

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mixing Attractants and Supplements

Old 07-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mixing Attractants and Supplements

I have recently done an experiment with some of my mineral supplements and my attractants. I took some Buck ‘Ola and feed corn and filled a five gallon bucket with a 50/50 mixture. I then took some Sweet corn flavored Buck Jam and a little molasses and put that in with it. I put the sticky mixture in a spot along a trail I knew deer used a lot. That was2 weeks agoand I checked it the other night and there were a couple traces of it around but for the most part it was all gone and the ground was all torn up. I was very surprised by this because this area is a two acre patch of woods surrounded by huge cornfields on all sides. I was wandering if anyone else had tried anything like this and if so did it work as well.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mixing Attractants and Supplements

I put out a bucket full of corn in my feeder and but a deer block right where the corn comes out and i put my camera up about ten yards away and within 6 days i got 145 pics on my cam. the camera stopped taking pics after four days because the memory on it was full