HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   did you get a deer your fist hunting season? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/199385-did-you-get-deer-your-fist-hunting-season.html)

hillbilly deluxe 07-26-2007 09:40 PM

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

SO I JUST STARTED HUNTING LAST FALL. I WENT OUT FOR DEER TWO TIMES- BEING THAT I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL AND MY UNCLE WORKS A LOT- BUT ANYWAY I DIDNT GET A DEER AND I WAS WONDERIN IF ANY OF YOU VETERN HUNTERS REMEMBER YOUR FIRST SEASON AND IF YA KILLED ONE, AND IF NOT HOW MANY SEASONS LATER UNTIL YOU FINALLY DID. ANY FEED BACK IS GREATLY APPERCIATED.
-HILLBILLY DELUXE

Siman08/OH 07-26-2007 09:44 PM

RE: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Took me 6 years with a gun, but i got a buck in my first archery season!

KonaBoy 07-26-2007 09:49 PM

Yup, I did. A little 5 pointer

JFergus7 07-26-2007 09:50 PM

Well last year was my first year hunting and I didn't have any luck. I did pass on a few small doe's and wan't able to get a shot on a great buck.

Looking to have a better season!

TimberCreek 07-26-2007 10:10 PM

My first time hunt, my oldest brother took me with him to a friends hunting place where there were 5 other hunters.The night before opening day we were all sitting around the dinner table and me being a cocky young punk I claimed I would have one down by 8:30. They all laughed at me.They told me where to go in the morning. It was a place they did not want to hunt.I snuck inin the dark half scarred of the dark. Climbed a tree and set in the crook of the tree. No stand. Around 8:15a huge doe walked right under me about 20 ft away. Made a great shot and was so proud. Took out my paper instructions and did a half ass gut job. Went back to camp and told them what I did. They all laughed at me again. They all got in the truck and drove down to see it. They were not laughing anymore! I'm 50 now and have a whole wall of racks, but that is my most memorable hunt.

hillbilly deluxe 07-26-2007 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Cay4redneck

Took me 6 years with a gun, but i got a buck in my first archery season!
I DONT HAVE 6 YEARS ILL BE IN COLLEGE SOON ;)

BigTiny 07-26-2007 10:15 PM

I have only hunted 2 seasons, and came up empty my first year. My first time out I had a doe walk right up to me. I didn't shoot because I didn't think it was a doe day. When I got back to the truck, I checked the schedule and sure enough it was a doe day. That was the first and last opportunity I had all season.

Last year I got a six point, and saw many more animals than I did my first year.

ihuntbuck 07-26-2007 10:35 PM

my first gun hunt was in 92 got a button buck on the last day.. my first bow hunt was in 93 got a big doe in less than two hours... did that three years in a row now i have only killed one deer with my bow since 96.. but then again i dont get to bowhunt nearly as much since i got me one of those J.O.B.S.

Steelcity 07-26-2007 10:44 PM

got a little button buck, messed up my shot at a small buck

BuckRogers 07-26-2007 11:19 PM

got a spike my first year from literally three feet away at most. It came down a trail we didnt see, stopped and started feeding right next tome... It was kinda surreal. So far every deer season i have gotten one (knocks on wooden desk) Last year I came close to not scoring but ended up shooting a small doe in the last 15 minutes of the season. Turkeys however are a different story...[:'(]