Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 did you get a deer your fist hunting season? >

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

I killed two does the first hunting season with a rifle, and only went three times. The first time I ever climbed a tree bowhunting, i killed a 6 point.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a little 8 point the first time I went deer hunting. Not much, but it sure made a 12 year old boy proud of himself!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:10 PM

6 point young buck 1st day first year 1986 in ill. many deer that year and near no hunting pressure from outfitters back then
Old 08-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

The deer in my avatar was my very first deer, taken during my first season hunting. It might have been my 10th or so time out last year. Ended up taking 3 bucks my first season - that 10 pt, a 4 pt, and a half-rack 4-pt that would have been a nice 7-9 pt. Had a lot of oppurtunities at does, but always waited for bucks. I do plan on shooting a couple of does this year, though.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 PM

last year was my first season and i shot a 7 piont buck and i nice doe .but no luck with a bow but had many encounters with a bow
Old 08-04-2007, 03:21 PM

I started out hunting in the Everglades with my grandfather. Thick swamps and dogs. In my first few years I saw a couple of blurrs that may have been deer but I'm nor sure. Although deer sightings were slim they were by far my best hunting memories to date. He passed when I was 15. I didn't know what a treestand was untill I moved to central Fl.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

yeah it was a nice slick 9 point with a very tall rack.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

hillbilly....You ain't going to believe this...I killed my first deer before I even started deer hunting.....

I was about 12, had been out squirrel hunting that morning and had them cleaned and was in the kitchen putting water and vinegar in a bowl to put them in so we could have them for Sunday's dinner....I looked through the kitchen window and coming across the field was a big doe with 4-5 deer dogs behind her...I grabbed my double barrel 12 gauge and my buckshot and ran out the back door, crossed the road and waited for her to pass in front of me, dropped her on the spot...
Old 08-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, I got a little doe my first year with a gun. About 15min. left on the last day. My first buck was 2 years later when i went bow hunting for the first year. 126" 9-pt. Good luck with the upcoming season.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

No went the season without seeing a Deer.But there was very few Deer aroung in '62.

big rockpile

Quick Reply: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.