Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 did you get a deer your fist hunting season? >

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Yes, I was lucky my first day out..... it was me and 5 guys one of which was my boyfriend at the time. I set up, everyone went their own way and 10 minutes later I got my first deer. One shot and he dropped....he was about 30 yds away. I was using a Winchester .30 .30 open iron sights. My first buck was a spike with one curved spike of 14 inches long, the other was 6 1/2 inches long. It really ticked the guys off, my boyfriend got a 4pt two days later and it took the other guys a week or so to get their bucks...Oh well....[8D]

I mean no offence to any of you guys out there but for my very first time.....I was really tickled,proud, and the rush is hard to explain. Deer hunting has been in my blood ever since then. Methinks it always will be.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 PM

I'm not exactly a veteran hunter since i'm 19 and only started hunting three years ago. I didn't get a deer my first season either and I hunted nearly everyday after school. I Had plenty of chances to shoot a doe but I wanted my first deer to be a buck. The next year I killedan 8pt. This last season I killed a 6pt.My uncle set me up on the 8pt but the 6pt was all me. Anyway, just keep hunting as much as you can and you will eventually kill one. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Fork Horn

My first big game animal was a cow elk. A month later I shot my first deer, a doe.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't get a deer my first year, I could have, but I passed on some smaller deer. Got my first the second season.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:04 AM
Dominant Buck

No sir..I did not get one my first year. I was pretty much on my own at 13 years old concerning hunting.A couple of years later I read an article from Outdoor Life. It told me to tie a piece of black thread across strong deer trails and check them later that day. It said to put your stand along the trail that has a broken thread. That would be the trail used in the day time. I did just that. The next day I harvested my first deer.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I killed a deer my first season, but I was 6, all I did was tough out the cold, eat candy, and pull the trigger when the deer showed up. Did manage to kill a deer on my very first bow hunt, and my second, and my third and my fourth brought a hog (but I was in a target rich environment).

Took me 10 springs to kill my first turkey. Don't get discouraged.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

No I did not. It took a number of years and a new location before I was successful...
Old 07-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Took me 6 years to get my first deer. Great 6 pointer. Ever since then I have gotten deer every year.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:09 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

i shot i nice doe my 1st year but i went 3 mor befor i go another one
Old 07-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

It was my third year with a gun until I took my first deer. I passed on a couple of smaller bucks because of the family rule that you do not shoot abuck under 6 points. It was a nice 8 pointer. Don't get discouraged. Stick with it and your deer will come.

Quick Reply: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.