Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 did you get a deer your fist hunting season? >

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

I got my first deer my first season hunting when I was 13. It is still my best deer to date. My pic <<<<oberthere is him. Probbibly one of the neatest hunts so far cause everyone else whimped out cause it was raining that day and I decided to tough it out. I just had that "feeling" something good was gonna come out of it. I got him with a 20 gauge Win.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I didn't get one for my first six years, then I doubled out in year 7.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

So far, I've just rifle hunted. Got a nice doe the first year, nothing the next year, doe the third, nothing the 4th, and first buck the 5th, and a decent doe the 6th.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

It took me 5 years to kill my first whitetail. To be honest with you, it didn't really change my "addiction", just gave me something to brag about I guess! he he he..... Here she is, she was a trophy to me!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:11 PM

My "first" season I didn't. I went about 4 times with a shotgun. I didn't have the first clue about hunting so I walked our creek--where deer were bedding. I missed a doe 4 times in a row at 40 yards lol[&:].

My second year I got an 8 point with a 14 inch spread. I hunted hard hard that season and learned a lot.My third year I knew so much about my hunting area and the deer patterns that I got two does and only went a few times.

You learn as you go....I'll shoot the big one this year!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

My first season hunting deer was with my older brother when I was 10. Got a doe on the first day we went with my 20 guage H&R Topper single shot pushing a slug. Shot high and broke her back. My brother went over and finished her off with his 30-30 win. Been hooked ever since except for a brief period while I was in the service I didn't get to hunt but a few times.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 AM

I sure did. Shot a doe with my dads 30-30 Win Model 94. won't forget that trophy!!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

First day late in the evening. BIG doe. I have been hooked since. I'm starting to take a camera now too. I may not want to shoot as much, just want one doe a year, but I love seeing them. To me, just putting the cross hairs on one is a successful hunt. I guess that makes me lazy for not wanting to drag'em, but then I would not have an excuse for the wife to go the rest of the season.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:21 PM

First year i got skunked but i made up for it the next year. 1 cow elk and 2 mulie does and 2 whitey does. Best year for me still.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:25 PM

NO, I AM 23 AND HAVE BEEN HUNTING FOR AROUND 8 OR 9 YEARS AND UP
UNTIL TWO SEASONS AGO I HEDNEVER SEEN A DEER FROM A TREESTAND. I THINK ALOT OF IT MAY HAVE BEEN ME AND BEING INEXPERINCED. BUT GETTING ON WEBSITES LIKE THIS ONE AND READING MAGIZINES CAN GIVE YOU GOOD INFO. ALTHOUGH I STILL THINK ALOT OF IS BEING IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME.

Quick Reply: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.