Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 did you get a deer your fist hunting season? >

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Old 08-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Shot this buck my first hunting season when i was 12. December 26, with my shotgun that my dad bought be for christmas! 12 pointer 18 inches wide.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, I didn't kill one until my second season. That was 1974 as I recall, and there weren't a lot of deer running around back then, so I felt lucky to drop a spike. Sometimes you would be lucky to see three or four deer a season, but the season was a lot shorter to, at least in Arkansas.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Spike

Buddy of mine got me out last year for my first deer hunt. Was lucky to take a button buck and a nice size doe with my rifle. But this year I will be going out on my own and hope that my luck stays. Don't have a deer stand so will be doing the stalk. Been watching tons of deer shows so hope not to make a stupid rookie mistake.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Yup. It was in 98 & I was a senor in HS. I never even had shot a shot gun before & my buddy saind it will be fun lets cut school & go. I gota 8 point non-typical buck. I havnt got one since not that I sort of know what I am doing.

There is something to that beginners luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

I shot a deer on my first outing when I was twelve and have killed deer every season since and Im going to be twenty in about three months. I didnt kill my first buck untill I was sixteen, a 125 class ten point. The second deer I ever shot was with a bow on my first hunt with a bow. I think it realy matters where you hunt, because I know some spots where I cant think of a time I didnt see a deer.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was growing up I use to go with my Dad when he Deer Hunted with his Brother in Evansville Illinois.My Uncle had the coolest hunting Cabin that over looked a small creek and they would go out hunting in the mornings and I stayed in the Cabin until they came back,after a few years my Dad finally took me hunting with a gun on our Cousin's Farm and I shot a young Doe when I was about 15 years old back in 1974.I have hunted many times since then and last year was very special to me because I took my 12 year old Daughter on the Youth Hunt and she shot her first Doe in October of 2006.It was her 2nd year of Deer Hunting with me and I was very proud of her!

I have been Bow Hunting for 4 years and last October I finally shot my first Deer with it,I got a nice 6-Point Buck and after trying so hard for 4 years I finally sealed the deal when one late evening I was waiting for a Doe to slowly feed towards me in a winter wheat field and a Buck walked along the field edge towards my climbing stand and right past in front of it where I shot him about 15 yards away.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

took my first deer 20 minutes into the first hunt of my first season , been hooked every since
Old 08-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

It took me 5 years to kill my first. Ive been killin ever since. hehehehe
Old 08-11-2007, 10:46 PM

This was last year was my first year, I got a small Mule Doe, and I should of had another one (the thing ran out 15 ft. infront of me) I just got really exited and started shaking when she ran out of the bush haha
Old 08-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Spike

Started deer hunting last year at the young age of 57.....lots of hours in a friends tree stand....saw lots of does, spikes and a couple of 4 pointers. Last day of gun season, a 7 point "just appeared" in the field when I was looking the other way....he was walking directly toward me with a 20 mph wind in his face...a miracle he didn't smell me....anyway, finally stopped 30 yds. away and the ole 270 smackdown did him in....only bad thing is now I'm addicted to it and that's why I'm doing the bow thing this year. It's great to be retired and able to hunt everyday.....except Sunday.

Quick Reply: did you get a deer your fist hunting season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.