Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gun holder for bicycle.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Gun holder for bicycle.

LOL I never implied or said I would be carying out any game on a bike.

Here's my plan. The day before back pack my stand on my back and pull a deer cart. This place is a little over 2 miles . Lock the stand up and hide/ lock the deer cart up as well. The stand and cart stay there locked up.I plan to ride the bike to my stand when I hunt.If i'm blessed with a deer or hog, I will cart the animal on back to my truck.and leave the bike locked up. When you hunt in highly prressured public land you've got to take drastic measures. ..get away from the other hunters.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:43 PM

I've thought of using a mountain bike on more than one occassion. Talk about quiet and and resourceful. Especially if you ride technical singletrack often for recreation, a mountain bike can take a person to some great places to hunt.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Especially this bike..it only cost me 10.00I do have a 400.00 Raleigh though and was riding it..{While my son was riding the cheapy} Both bikes were just fine.My rifle will be in a 30 inch tall pack though on my back.The trail is a little narrow and i didn't want any accidents or my scope getting bumped. Most hunters around don't go more than a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile..deep. With a bike you can go as far as you want. Not only that..4 wheelers are not allowed in this Wildlife Management Area.Google Earth along with devine unction helped me find my spot yesterday. I rode my bike till the trail stopped and shot an athmus on my compass. 300 yds later I found what looks like a really nice spot .I then trail tacked it up really good so I can find the spot in the dark.

C7
Old 07-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

With one of these!

ORIGINAL: cudaas70

How are you going to get the deer home after you kill it? Seems like it would be a long ride haulin all theextra weight.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 AM

[/align]With a good quality bike you would be surprised how much you can pull, and over what you can pull it, with a little physical conditioning. Success getting an animal out also depends on terrain, I think. Up near Flagstaff where I bowhunt for elk, you could pedal out a quarter or two strapped to your back pretty easily, but down here near Tucson where I rifle deer hunt it might not be so easy given the roughness of the terrain.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a sledgehammer bike that you can do some sweet jumps on, interested?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Dominant Buck

In central Florida where I hunt ..the terrain is totaly flat. What some fellows do is tie their animal to the bike and push the bike out. An average Florida deer may weigh 100 pounds after gutted out. ..and a hog..a nice one is around 90 pounds.

We have had much bigger harvested..talking about average here.