HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Primos hunting show makes us all look bad (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/197296-primos-hunting-show-makes-us-all-look-bad.html)

Texasimport 07-11-2007 09:50 AM

Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

Gotta say it . . . . .I was pretty disgusted last night whenI tuned into the Primos truth about hunting show on cable. These two nuckle heads are hunting whitetail in north central Nebraska. . . . .being professional hunters they came prepared and failed to dress warm enough. . .So while they sit and wait they start filming how cold they are and show the shooter who is shivering so bad he can't hold still. . . .They then see a nice buck at 200 plus yards and the idiot unable to hold steady takes a shot and misses. . .big surprise. . . .Not sure why this footage even made the final edit. . .I am sure the anits just love it when they see this type of dumb A$$ stuff taking place.

Sorry guys needed to vent this one.[:@][:@]

dmboggs74 07-11-2007 10:06 AM

RE: Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

I saw that. Can't say the show makes us all look bad. If we want reality in shows, it dosen't get more real than what happened on that show last night. Anyone who has been hunting for any period of time has done the same thing at on time or another. Not a big deal, IMO.
The Primos Guys put together a great show. As with anything, it's not always perfect.

SwampCollie 07-11-2007 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Texasimport

Gotta say it . . . . .I was pretty disgusted last night whenI tuned into the Primos truth about hunting show on cable. These two nuckle heads are hunting whitetail in north central Nebraska. . . . .being professional hunters they came prepared and failed to dress warm enough. . .So while they sit and wait they start filming how cold they are and show the shooter who is shivering so bad he can't hold still. . . .They then see a nice buck at 200 plus yards and the idiot unable to hold steady takes a shot and misses. . .big surprise. . . .Not sure why this footage even made the final edit. . .I am sure the anits just love it when they see this type of dumb A$$ stuff taking place.

Sorry guys needed to vent this one.[:@][:@]

How does that make hunters look bad?

I know the hunt you are talking about. Dean Davis got out of the truck with his camera man in tow (I think he was with Keith), and they spotted a big buck. Buck beded down, and since they didn't really plan on seeing a shooter buck, they left their jackets in the vehical. Not a big deal really. Then, he missed a deer... oh my God.... the world is on fire...

And the reason they left that footage in the show.... its because that ain't Hollywood.... its the TRUTH.

live2hunt009 07-11-2007 10:21 AM

Yea i deff agreedmboggs74
you must notknow anything about primoscuz if you didyou would know there are all about the TRUTH. Not this fake hollywood BS that gets put on tv. If you want to talk about TV shows that make hunters look bad then lets talk about all the High Fence BS were the guys go out on the first night and shoot a 250in booner. As far as im concerned the Primos boys do a D*** good job at filming the TRUTH about hunting.

Team PrimosSpeak the Lanuage

Texasimport 07-11-2007 11:06 AM

Guys. .thanks for your thoughts. . .your right I guess I don't get it. . I guess it is ok to make a bad shot knowing it is likely you will miss or mame the animal. . .That must be the truth about hunting then that we all do stupid shots. . . .OK

That is not how I was taught to hunt. . I learned you only pull a trigger when a good sure shot will be made. . . . I guess that makes me a minority hunter in your eyes . ..:D

furgitter 07-11-2007 11:42 AM

Anyone can miss a shot. Last year I shot more trees than hogs LOL. We all strive for perfection, truth is, it just doesnt work out that way all the time. I dont feel like it made us look bad, but a lesson learned at some one elses expense is a cheap lesson.

whitetaildreamer 07-11-2007 11:44 AM

What was funny to me was that they were shivering with out their jackets at that temp. Let me describe what makes us shiver up here in Canada. Even though you are layered up, thermal everything, sitting absolutely still for hours at a time in -30 weather (add 15-20 km wind and it is -45), even though your eyelids are near froze up, you stick it out cause it's deer season. You are thinking, "best keep moving my toes moving cause they're starting to get cold", (though you are wearingminus 75 rated boots with 2 pairs of thermal woolsocks with heat packs). But by far the worst is when the sun goes down at the end of the day, you know the next 30 min. are by far the best time of the day, the wind stops, and the cold starts setting in (man does it get cold the last 10 min. or so). Then you see that big buck come out at 300 yards or so, tossing up the diamond like snow as he trots down the tree line and you add buck fever that we all get. Talk about having to control the shakes, the breathing, the heartbeat. As you put the cross hairs on him, one of the thoughts that goes through your mind ismaking the shot just so you can warm your hands in his belly (not to be gross, absolutely true). The crack of thehigh power at those temps. is amazing and such a calm comes over you as you see him go down and then thank the one above for the harvest. When you are gutting him you hurry to warm your hands in his belly just so you can hold your knife and continue. You finally get him in the truck and you realize there is no more cold but sweat from hauling the beast out of the bush and into the truck. That's hunting Canada and I wouldn't trade it for anything. (what's always interesting to see is when it is -5 or so in March (about 25 degrees F),the amount of people walking around in t-shirts)

sniperone 07-11-2007 12:24 PM

I like the Primos stuff, they show the good and the bad (misses & hits)
along with everything else (mishaps). I've been hunting for more than 35 years and some of my hunts didn't go as planned.

whitetaildreamer 07-11-2007 12:47 PM

Heyby no means was I making fun of the Primos crew. I believe they run a show that one of the best on T.V. It's just that I can really relate to being cold while hunting. It's just the way it is up here.

timbercruiser 07-11-2007 02:14 PM

A couple of weeks ago I watched a show that was pushing www.northsask.com, an "outfitter" in northern Canada. The first show was an "elk hunt" that showed 10 or 15 monster elk bulls walking across an open field, many of them with plastic tags in their ears. The next show featured a "deer hunt" that showed a bunch of big bucks and some elk and ALL of the bucks had a plastic tag in their ears. That is the kind of shows that put hunters in a bad light.