Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Primos hunting show makes us all look bad >

Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Default RE: Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

WOW. . my bad. . . swampcollie. . a bit hostile but such is life. . . and while I shoot pretty good, heck yeah I have missed too butI know when to pass. . . .I gotta agree to we have seen many worse things as well, but when these guys are making a living as shooters they should be held to a slightly higher standard.

Did not mean to hit a nerve but this being a forum it to me was worth discussion.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:19 PM

If these hunts where performed in high fenced areas then I would say "yes" this gives hunters of all kinds a bad report. I have never seen a "TAGGED" Deer or Elk in the wild,not to say their not out there. I know their out there somewhere.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

How in the hell does that make hunters "look bad?" So what? They were unprepared. If you were unprepared and you had the buck of a lifetime in front of you on the last day, wouldnt you shoot?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

"I have missed too butI know when to pass. . ."

TEXASIMPORT-
I guess what people are really trying to say is
HOW CAN SOMEONE LIKE YOU POSSIBLY MISS A SHOT?

Please explain the conditions to us that allowed you to miss a shot and then please explain how, despite knowingthat you could miss the shot and possibly maim the animal you still went ahead and took the shot and missed and for all we know wounded the animal? What caused you to miss and how could you shoot knowing you might miss.

Can't win can ya? Hope you see what people are trying to say.(unless you only missed because a meteor came out of the blue and hit the bullet in mid flight causing it to veer off its path)
Old 07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

How in the hell does that make hunters "look bad?" So what? They were unprepared. If you were unprepared and you had the buck of a lifetime in front of you on the last day, wouldnt you shoot?
Well Chris it appears you donot understand the context of the situation as itis.

You see that deer is by no means a deer of a lifetime to those Primos fellas - not by a long shot.

Quite simply Texasimport was saying it doesn't put hunters in a very good light when the public can see folks who are portrayed as "tops in the hunting world" ( of course it is obviously debatable as to whether they are actually "hunting" )making shots of such low percentage.

I will stand and say I when I make a shot, when Ipull the trigger or release that string, I wholeheartedly believe that I am going to kill the aminal.

But now this...........none of us knows that the shooter did not also wholeheartedly believe that he was going to make his shot and succeed with a clean kill? Now do we?

Who here is a mind reader?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 PM

Never saw that show. I find whitetail hunting on tv very boring. Always the same way, hunting in a tree stand and over a food plot.[:'(][:'(]
Old 07-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Chris it appears you donot understand the context of the situation as itis.

You see that deer is by no means a deer of a lifetime to those Primos fellas - not by a long shot.

Quite simply Texasimport was saying it doesn't put hunters in a very good light when the public can see folks who are portrayed as "tops in the hunting world" ( of course it is obviously debatable as to whether they are actually "hunting" )making shots of such low percentage.

I will stand and say I when I make a shot, when Ipull the trigger or release that string, I wholeheartedly believe that I am going to kill the aminal.

But now this...........none of us knows that the shooter did not also ****heartedly believe that he was going to make his shot and succeed with a clean kill? Now do we?

Who here is a mind reader?
If you lived in South Carolina where the deer are small, that would be the buck of a lifetime. Most young bucks in other regions are the size of very mature trophies in SC.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

I can definately see where everyones coming from. But it makes for a good topic. Everyone has a point here including texasimport in some areas of this topic but not all. Yes its true everyone misses or will miss at least once in their hunting time but as uncle matt said these are professional hunters that do this all the time. There will ALWAYS be another buck for them to shoot. Sometimes bigger sometimes not. Maybe he was cocky and thought he would kill it because he does it all the time. One never knows. As for making us look bad everything make us look bad to an anti. Nothing anyone can do about that. If you put on the hunting gear you are the enemy in there eyes. They are not rational.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

How could a professional hunter missing a shot make me as a hunter look bad. I think it makes them human. Lets compare it to other sports. When Phil Michelson blew it on the 72nd hole of the U.S. Open last year did it make golfers look bad, maybe left handed golfers look bad? Get serious....I actually think more of the T.V. hunters when they miss or take a doe. I realize it is "their job" to take the biggest every week (that's what the sponsers want) but some one like Dave Watson approaches hunting from what I believe is a more realistic position. Sometimes we get them sometimes we don't, isn't that we keep going out year after year, keep looking for improvements, uncountable hours scouting, countless rounds at the range, etc., etc., etc.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:58 PM

Their will come a day when Hunters must all stick together in order to save our hunting rights from those that want to see ALL hunting gone. I hope when that day comes Hunters will stick together and defend our sport.

now back to the Pro who missed.

my first goal is ONE shot ONE kill...I take Pride in getting theanimal to fall dead in it's tracks, This don't always happen.

If you missedthe first shot...load another...always be ready for a follow up shot. The bottom line is "killing" the animal, we all want a nice double lung or heart shot, but it don't always work out, sometimes you hit one in the guts, sometimes you hit one in the spine. Don't get me wrong I hit one in the guts and it wasn't a nice kill.

If I was worried about the feelings of the animalor not wanting to hurt the animal, then I wouldn't be hunting it in the first place.

Quick Reply: Primos hunting show makes us all look bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.