Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

last one

Old 06-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default last one

I'll be checkin all these guys out as the loose their velvet. And taken more pictures to share.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:25 AM

Default RE: last one

That buck looks to be about 6yr's old....too bad it's being raised like a cow. I'm more impressed by one that gets that big outside of a fence. But I must say what a nice buck.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: bigaggie77

That buck looks to be about 6yr's old....too bad it's being raised like a cow. I'm more impressed by one that gets that big outside of a fence. But I must say what a nice buck.
Agreed. I'm as impressed by this pet as I was by the 1100 lb pig shot in the south that was someone's pet until 2 days prior.

What's next, pics of big cattle?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could be right, I know they haveto keep the original group they got for 7 years. Some regulation to assure they are a disease free heard. I'm not sure how that all works? One of the does had twins the other night also.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Nice looking deer...
Old 06-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: djschuett

Agreed. I'm as impressed by this pet as I was by the 1100 lb pig shot in the south that was someone's pet until 2 days prior.

Glad you enjoyed them........
Old 06-30-2007, 06:20 AM

I'm not saying they aren't beautiful deer, they are.

What I'm saying is what makes a wild buck that size amazing is the fact that it survived nature and multiple hunting seasons to get to that size. These were probably hand-raised, never had to go more than 100yards for food or water and never had to survive someone trying to shoot them.

A buck getting to that size in the wild is impressive because he survived and thrived to get there.
A buck getting to that size in captivity is expected because it's not hard to remember where the food and water troughs are when you're not allowed more than a few 100yards away from them.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

What if there was no fence in the picture? Would you still be impressed?

You wouldn't be able to tell a farm deer from a wild deer just from looking at the deer, that's like trying to look at pictures of kids in a kindergarten and trying to point out which one is abused from nothing but one photograph.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 AM

I don't think he was trying to show it off. It was just a picture.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: djschuett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.