Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mild Steel/Blued
39.02%
Nickle
0%
Stainless Steel
36.59%
Other
0%
Don't care
24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Firearm Metal Preference

Old 06-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Firearm Metal Preference

when you buy firearms, do you spend the extra for superior metals?

i'm wondering how many people fork over the extra cash. here in Florida, nickle or stainless is almost a must. we have dang near 100% humidity year around and lots of rain. even if you take extra care with your firearms, our weather will eventually take it's toll. i try to buy all stainless or nickle when buying new. if i have a blued gun it's because i got a heck of a good deal on it.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Firearm Metal Preference

I'm a sucker for stainless, I just love the look of a good stainless rifle! I'll gladly pay a little extra for it.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I begrudgingly concede that in some climates and under certain hunting conditions, stainless is more practical...

That said, I HATE stainless/synthetic rifles and shotguns...

If PIMPS carried RIFLES, they would be stainless/synthetic, and oh yeah, they'd have big, obnoxious high powered variable scopes with huge objectives..

All of my firearms are blued/wood....I prefer walnut, but some of the laminates are attractive also...
Old 06-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one stainless rifle that I bought solely because I liked the way it handled. And I do like the way it shoots too. But I much prefer blued with a good walnut stock for a rifle, and usually a shotgun too (except my gen purpose duck piece).
Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I'm a sucker for stainless, I just love the look of a good stainless rifle! I'll gladly pay a little extra for it.
Finest kind, accept no substitute. I like blued just fine, that is until it gets worn and rusts my gun in a place I'm unlikely to detect it. There's no feel quite like some fine wood on your piece, until it warps and cracks, gimme synthetic anytime. I love low maintenence, taking care of the bore is enough work.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

if it dont help it shoot any more accurate i doint care what the gun is made out of.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 AM

I like blue steel because I think there is less of a chance of your target getting a flash from the shiny finish. Humidity is a problem here as well, I just keep dessicant in the safe and am dilligent in keeping the weapon clean and corrosion free. I just wish I could get the Glock finish on everything.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

......... Tastes and preferences differ... I'm glad we don't ALL like the same thing...

Some folks actually DO prefer the looks of stainless, and many guys could care less what thier firearm looks like as long as it gets the job done...

Asthetics are important to some of us... That's why I'd never own a T/C Encore...They gotta be one of the UGLIEST durn guns ever made, IMHO..

For some of us, life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.......
Old 06-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

My preference is synthetic with s/s for hunting and wood with blue for target shooting...
Old 06-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Agreed!!!The only way to go!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Firearm Metal Preference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.