Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big Buck.... NEED HELP!

Old 06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Big Buck.... NEED HELP!

I hunt on about 3 acres and there are deer everywhere! One problem is, is that the deer I want wont come near my stand. I hunt on the edge of a field that does not belong to me so I cant kill this HUGE buck that walks through it everyday. I was just wondering if you have any tips on how I can bring this buck to my stand. Thanks
Old 06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Big Buck.... NEED HELP!

I would try dragging a scent strip from the field to undeneath your stand(if you can at least walk onto the field) during the rut or better yet try a drag strip and a decoy. If you do not want to go to that extreme i would try some grunting at the peak of the rut. The key is to get his attention one way or another but it will probably haveto be during the rut.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

To heck with dragging a scent strip, drag him to your stand after you put a hole in him.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Wayspr

To heck with dragging a scent strip, drag him to your stand after you put a hole in him.
lmao nice
Old 06-21-2007, 07:31 PM

scent trail. Mock scrape and if he is the dominate buck you should be able to grunt him in. You may want to try a de coy and rattle just sett it behind your stand so he will walk up to see what buck is there.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have grunted at him but he just doesnt seem interested, and I thought about the whole decoy thing,,but I dont have $200 to spend on one. I do have a 3D arhcery target...do you think that will work or just spook him more?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

itll work make sure you spray it with scent killler and attach a tissus or something else thats white and can blow in the wind bc movement is key!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Wayspr

Welcome poacher.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

I figured it would be just a matter of time before someone would accuse me of being unethical. Just trying to liven up the deer hunting forum.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forget about all that select a new stand location like where he enters the feild, or exits the feild, or just do like Wayspr said just shoot him haha id wait till i tried everything else before i restorted to that though..... maybe

Quick Reply: Big Buck.... NEED HELP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.