Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I want the facts

Old 12-22-2002, 11:16 AM

Default I want the facts

All these dang tv shows say their clovers an mixture of seeds are better than all the others such as mossy oak biologic, tecomate, and Imperial. I want proof from people that has used the plots or are using them at this present time. i want a plot that is around a foot or two high with good luscious browse that will attract deer as well as being beneficial for them. i need some help guys. some pics would help alot

Don't shoot...he wont make tha books...
Why track em...put em in their tracks!
Old 12-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I want the facts

Tn,
I know what you mean. You might ask on the deer managment forum also.
Rick

Lifes not about knowing the answers, its about asking the questions.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:27 PM

my buddy knobby got imperial whitetail clover one yr....
the next yr he took the seed mix off of the original IWC bag to a local seed co. and had them mix the same mix for 1/3 of the price and it works fine.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:03 AM

Nodose It sounds like your friend had the right Idea. Alot of these companies are saying they carry the best product and that you'll never find anything like there stuff. I"ve been doing some reading on the different types of clover and other products Most of them you can find at your local farm supply store. What ever you grow in Your food plot is going to have to be able to survive your wether and area conditions. If you plant a certain type of clover you'll want to make sure that your soil, average temp., moisture, etc.. can support that type of plant. I live in the North so only certain types of clover will handle the cold, Plus I have alot of clay in my area. The best advice I can give is talk to some local people that have plots, find out which plant works the best. It also wouldn't hurt to get a soil sample of the area that you want to plant.