Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent lok?

Old 06-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent lok?

(I have not been winded (that I know of) since I started wearing the scent loc.In my opion it works and I consider it one of the best purchases I have made for bowhunting. )

It always amazes me that the ones trashing scent control clothing are usually the ones who have never tried it. I won't go in the woods without it.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried it. I've also looked into this a lot.

It was a fleece scent-lok suit. Think about that. That was sort of a dumb purchase. Scents would easily be absorbed into the fleece. If I walked into a greasy spoon restaurant, guess what my suit smelled like my breakfast.

I know what's your thinking - of course it did. Well think about that for a while. What is the carbon doing for outside scents?

Here's what I really think Avalanche. If you are very scent conscious, which most people are to buy a suit, you will already be following a very good scent control regimen. It's funny that on the Scent-Lok site it discusses numerous tips for remaining scent-free. These have nothing to do with the suit.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 PM

I wash all me hunting clothes in no scent detergent and then hang them out to dry in the woods behind my house then when the are dry i take a x-tra large ziploc bag and place all them in there even my insulated underwear and socks anything i will be wearing on the hunt and then put them in a plastic tote to carry with me to the hunting area. I will wash a extra pair of blue jeans and sweatshirt in no-scent detergentto wear after i get out of a shower using scent free soap and shampoo. I also wash my towel and wash rag in scent free to wash and dry of with. And it is a must to wear rubber boots. Scent- lok might help but I will not do any good if you do not take other measures to make sure you a scent-free.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Avalanche

(I have not been winded (that I know of) since I started wearing the scent loc.In my opion it works and I consider it one of the best purchases I have made for bowhunting. )

It always amazes me that the ones trashing scent control clothing are usually the ones who have never tried it. I won't go in the woods without it.
Tried it as got someas gifts from others, read the research,havea lot of experiencewith the military mopp gear, which scent lok is based off of andknow that it isnot worth the money as it does not work.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wash my cloths with a scent free soap like Tide Free putthem in aplastic bag with a small pine tree branch & pine cones.
A guy I work with puts dry cow manure in with his.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

It seems those that can justify the cost, love'em those that can't..are nay-sayers
Old 06-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

GR8,

I don't find that to be true. It isn't always a question of what you can afford, but how to spread around your hunting budget. Plus, a lot of the Scent-Lok stuff is sometimes on sale or reasonably priced and I still don't buy it.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

I have used it. I have stopped using it. I will not spend my money on it again. It is nothing more than another step in the scent control process. If you are already washing in scent reducing detergents, wearing rubber boots, being mindful of the wind, etc., the benefits are minimal at best. If you are not doing those other things, the benefits are zero.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/corrigan/scent_suits.htm

with that said...they are a huge ripoff and work none better than normal hunting clothes.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

kdsberman, good article. End of discussion.

Quick Reply: Scent lok?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.