Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-16-2002, 09:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-16-2002, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ever heard of a half-albino deer?

It's called 'pie-bald' when they are half and half. It's a general term used for many different kinds of animals when they only show a portion of the albino traits. Not all that uncommon, it's probably more uncommon to see a pure albino than a pie-bald.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

About 2-3 yrs ago there was one around here that everyone called suspenders. He was all white except for 2 brown streeks going down his front, like suspenders!.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pie-balds are much more common than pure albinos are. They can be partially white, having white spots, or mostly white, having brown spots. Also, there is no limit to the mix of brown and white. I shot one two years ago that had some white in it, and I first thought it was the rack of a buck from a distance!
Old 01-16-2002, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

piebalds can also have black in thier coat, years ago I saw a doe that was half normal coloration on the hidquarters and white, brown and black on the head and forequarters.

The Tazman
Old 01-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

I have a good picture of a doe I killed in Talbot, Co. Md. about 12 years ago. She's about 1/3 white. Same as any other deer just the marking's were a lot higher on her legs and belly, and her face was a lot whiter. The old folk's around there say that they are a cross with fallow deer in that area. Don't know. But I did see another one that was solid white except for her face. This past season, duck hunting at Fishing Bay WMA, I saw a solid white one on the side of the road well before daylite. Good Luck. Capt Brad.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:41 PM

I killed a doe one time that had 2 normal colored hooves and 2 that were a neutral color like your finger nails. Her body was of normal color. Darndest thing I've ever seen.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:44 PM

The only one I have ever seen was on a state park here it was mostly white with large brown spots but didn't have the pink eyes.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

HEARD OF THEM NEVER SEEN ONE
Old 01-16-2002, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Never seen one either.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.