Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ESPN's Around the Horn

Old 05-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Spike

Default ESPN's Around the Horn

Just watched the final segment of ESPN's Around the Horn and I must admit I was shocked. For those not familiar with the show, it pits 4 newspaper columnist from different areas of the country debating hot sports topics of the day on a talkshow. Usually it's the same 3 or even 4 columnist every day. Each columnistreceives points for good responses to a chosen topic. It's all in fun as the winner gets 30 seconds to discuss anything he wants at the end.

Well, today's "winner" was J.A. Adande of the L.A. Times. He began his commentary by statingmany people are upset about the allegations of dog fighting that occurred at the property of football star quarterback Michael Vick. What Adande claims to confuse him is the hundreds of pro athletes and coaches throughout sports that go deer hunting and that is supposedly O.K. He wantsto know why one is O.K. while the other is not. He wants an understanding clear across the board about those poor animals!

That commentary amazed me. I know the guy resides in L.A., but to compare dog fighting to deer hunting? How incredibly stupid can you be comparing apples to oranges? I know it's silly, but thinking like this burns me!I've debated the hunting topic with members of PETA and other organizations thru newsprint and/or face to face, but Adande's comments are among the most absurd I've seen. I had to email him with a reply after I collected my thoughts. I felt better. Feel even better know that I've vented here. Thanks!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 PM

Default RE: ESPN's Around the Horn

I missed it, but he is an idiot if he evens mentions both in the same breath. Another young idiot city boy that thinks he had a lock on reality when he should just shut his cakehole and talk about things that he may have an inkling of knowledge about. Idiot.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow...the guy should be fired. It is no comparison. What a fool. This is the kind of $hit I don't have time for!!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

He probablly shops for his wifes underwear!!!!Wait that might not be a bad thing!I just hate people who have no idea what the sport of hunting is and not to mention its food value,make such comments.Its to bad he will never feel the rush right before you pull the trigger.See the excitment in his kids eyes as they take there first buck or understand that we are for the deer it makes our sport what it is.Without them no hunting!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

It probably has something to do with whose ox is being gored.....
Old 05-24-2007, 04:50 PM

I agree with you that guy know nothing about hunting dog fights are stupid[:@] deer hunting is life
Old 05-25-2007, 05:23 AM

what a DA
Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess he missed the memo about how many hunting shows ESPN is involved in (even though it'sless than it use to be). I hope this isn't the new "look and feel" of ESPN.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 AM

Does this look like the face of bright person? Not a chance, pure idiotic attention whore.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Wile i do not dog fight i wouldnt call anything stupid i dont know and understand fully.. call me whatever yall want.. crazy.. whatever but i refuse to put someone down for something unless i have been there and know what its about.. same with chicken fighting or bullfighting or whatever.... anyone who calls something stupid that hasnt tried it or at least seen it and knows what its like and about shouldnt knock it.. thats MY opinion on it.. also YES they are somewhat alike subjects and u can compare them slightly.. they both include animals and the death/wounding of animals ( even tho in very different ways).. but im not trien to start anything.. just some thaughts

Quick Reply: ESPN's Around the Horn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.