Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tips to make your hunt more comfortable. >

Tips to make your hunt more comfortable.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tips to make your hunt more comfortable.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tips to make your hunt more comfortable.

Do you have any tips to make your hunt more comfortable. I have one that I can think of, when you are getting out ofyour climbing stand,if your turn to jump off the stand on to the ground an your feet are cold.You will get this stingingfeeling in your feet an it hurts. Well, when you jump land on the heels of your feet does not feel near as bad.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Default RE: Tips to make your hunt more comfortable.

Well I know that it is always good to bring a bottle of water to the stand, some people say they dont want the extra movement but Ive never seen it effect the deer.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Try not to sweat onthe walk to your tree stand or hunting location. Dress as lightlyas possible and put your "warm" clothes on when you get there.

That's mycomfort tip.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Doubled150, thats a great tip, I agree, sweating can make a hunt miserable and puts off a lot of scent. I have found that using a two or even better the three arm bow hanger can make a hunt much more enjoyable, freeing up your hands for binos, which reminds me that a bino system has also been very nice, holds binos close and relieves stress on the neck.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Spend the extra money for a COMFORTABLE stand. There is nothing worse than trying to sit in an uncomfortable stand. That makes for a lot more movement trying to get comfortable and could make you leave earlier.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Foot and hand warmers in cold weather. Theres nothing that will ruin a hunt any faster than your feet and fingers getting cold. I buy the small chemical shake up type bags and insert them inside my gloves. Also I use the foot or toe warmer made from the same material and put them inside my boots. I also carry a few granola bars to snack on and a couple of small bottled waters too.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:22 AM

Someone else here gave me the tip before, so not really mine, but....Using the thermocare back heat pad. I used them/one each time out while hunting during ML season and the extra warth for my core/back made me feel much more comfortable when cold out.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

Someone else here gave me the tip before, so not really mine, but....Using the thermocare back heat pad. I used them/one each time out while hunting during ML season and the extra warth for my core/back made me feel much more comfortable when cold out.

I read that too and forgot already. I'm adding a few of those to my list to try this year. In Southern Illinois you can have bone chilling temps during deer season, or I've set around second season in lawn chairs outside in the evening in tee shirts.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

I read that too and forgot already. I'm adding a few of those to my list to try this year. In Southern Illinois you can have bone chilling temps during deer season, or I've set around second season in lawn chairs outside in the evening in tee shirts.
The thermocares really made a good difference for me during ML season in MN last year. It was nice to have another heat source on my core, and it had the extra benefit of keeping my bad back limber as well. I think that I got a box of 3 for something like $5.50 and they last over 6 hours.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are in a box or ladder stand, a quiet swivel seat with a back is nice (we use plastic boat seats). Also, make sure that your seat is waterproof or covered, b/c having to sit on wet foam can be a pain in the #$&.

Quick Reply: Tips to make your hunt more comfortable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.