Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tips to make your hunt more comfortable. >

Tips to make your hunt more comfortable.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tips to make your hunt more comfortable.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tips to make your hunt more comfortable.

When sitting for a period of time in the bone chilling weather and just need a quick warm up, stand up and place ur hands against the tree and start walking while holding yourself back for a half a minute or so... it's not much but it helps me if im getting cold!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:39 PM

Haven't deer hunted yet, but you could probably get a handwarmer pouch thing that quarterbacks and recievers wear to keep your hands warm for a longer period of time then you dont have do deal with gloves when you want to shoot
Old 05-23-2007, 08:53 PM

thermacell early season

hand warmers late season
Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

This might not seem like much to some of you but I think a foot rest is a very nice accessory. I'm 6'3" and use an API bowhunter which has a good size platform to it. I made a footrest that extends the platform by about two inches. It gives me several ways to position my legs and when times are slow I can really stretch out by putting my calves on the footrest letting my feet hang off the stand in a less vertical position than they would without the footrest. Between the sling seat that comes with the API and my additional footrest it is a very comfortable stand (for me). Just my $.02
Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doubled 150

Try not to sweat onthe walk to your tree stand or hunting location. Dress as lightlyas possible and put your "warm" clothes on when you get there.

That's mycomfort tip.
Hurrying up the side of a mountain in the dark, trying to get ahead of the elk in the morning, is a big booboo. The sun starts coming up and the sweat will make ya freeze to death! One of my worst mistakes hunting. Leave early and take your time and don't carry anything you don't really need. And I prefer to wear outer layersinstead of long johns for you cantake them off easier when it warms up, and put them back on if you stay until dark.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

When it is really cold -20 or lower, a thermowrap on the back is great. It's amazing how much easier it is to keep the extremeties warm when the core is warm. I rarely where gloves but use a thinsulate pouch for the hands. A warmer in the pouch also helps. Hot bowl of instant soup or chicken broth makes the lunch better when the days are real cold.