Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

game cameras

Old 12-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default game cameras

I was just wanting to get some opinions on the game cameras, I just seen the picture of the albino doe and that was cool. But Do they really work, are they worth the money? I would like to buy one but what do the rest of you think, I just wondered if they would pick up the wind and any other tiny movement

Edited by - Bucky10 on 12/19/2002 13:07:47
Old 12-19-2002, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: game cameras

Bucky, the cameras work great!! As you can see from the pictures that you looked at, they really work and they work good. Most of these cameras are pretty up-to-date and they use a PIR sensor. What does that mean? Well to sum it up pretty quicky, it takes heat that is in motion to set it off.

Check out my webpage if you want to see some more pictures. I have quite a few posted on there from last year and a few from this year. They are quite fun to have and very useful.

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Old 12-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bucky, they are great. They don't always translate to an animal you harvest, but sure nice to see whats out their and passing on the genes. Also they can really save you time in hunting a spot that looks good, but turns out dry or poor. We have pictures of deer we have never seen before and yet some that we ended up harvesting...another cool part is before and after story. Also if you are a trophy hunter it gives you an idea how good or close you are a field judging animals when you guess a number than harvest that deer and see how close you came.

Old 12-19-2002, 07:09 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Dont buy the Game cam II. I did and have taken 8 roles of film of nothing. It has been back to the co 3 times and still dont work.
Rick

Lifes not about knowing the answers, its about asking the questions.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:23 PM

I am also looking to buy a scouting camera...but I'm not sure which one! The prices are quite varied. It seems that everybody is happy with the CamTrakker...but it is quite expensive...I am also looking into the Deercam and the TrailMAC. Anybody have any advise on these or any other scouting cameras??
Old 12-20-2002, 03:32 AM

I don't know about the others but I know the deercams work great. I highly recommend them.
Old 12-20-2002, 05:52 AM

I hunt ducks in a swamp that is about 50 yards wide. Would a game cam be able to take pictures that far. I am wondering if I put it out there will it take pictures of ducks sitting on the water, flying by, both, or none? Also, if they were sitting in the water, if it would take any at all, it would probably end up taking a bunch wouldn't it?
Old 12-20-2002, 12:13 PM

If u buy one buy the cam traker. It works the best have taken many pictures with one. It is heat sensored so it wont take pictures of weeds.