Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best state to hunt..

Old 05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best state to hunt..

Definitely NOT Montana. Hunt Colorado, hunt Hawaii, hunt frickin' anywhere, but NOT Montana. It sucks here, and we have enough people flocking in now. Actually, we had enough the day after I got here a few years ago! Ihope this helps!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

I think its pretty vague to pick a state. Every mid-west state has its hotspots. Some areas suck and some area kick a**. That being said, I always wanted to hunt in the Alberta bow zone.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:48 PM

Hey man Im new too i think the best state to hunt in is texas
Old 05-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Well its sure not my home state of Indiana. Way to many pumpkin head hunters. Everybodys brother, sister, cousins, mom, dad, neices, and nephews all hunt the gun season. I just cant figure this out either. On one side of Indiana we have Illinois and the othe side we have Ohio. I guess all the big quality deer take a flight over Indiana, or drive around. We need better management. Things here have been suggested to help grow bigger deer, and they did implement the one buck rule. I dont believe its done what they expected. We still have all the hunters taking out 1.5 yr old bucks. I dread the pumpkin head season, now they want to use rifles. Thats all we need now is putting a rifle in an inexperienced pumpkin heads hands. Indianas deer season sure is disappointing.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:46 PM

I've spent most of my time in the Ohio farmland, but have also made trips to the big woods of Virginia, and now go to Maine every year. Maine is by far my favorite. Ohio's great forbig numbers and big deer,but who wants to sit in a tree for 2 months. Where I hunt in Northern maine you're lucky to get a shot, but I've never went back to camp after a long day of climbing mountains and trudging thru swamps, and not felt like I accomplished a great deal. I don't mean to sound like nut-job Nugent, but it good for the soul.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Garminator

ORIGINAL: curth83

not new york...
C'mon Curth, it can't be as bad as Florida[&:]

yup, no deer in Florida! everyone needs to buy licenses in other states
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 PM

Arkansas deer are the size of a lap dog.Little bitty stumps for antlers.

I wouldnt waste my time!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Montana or TX

MT just because they have so much to offer, from deer, to waterfowl, upland birds, big game and awesome fishing.

TX for sheer numbers, good size (and for my money the prettiest bucks...love those chocolate, boxed off racks they produce) and plenty of hog hunting, great waterfowl, quail and dove too. And if you are near the gulf coast.....some of the best fishing in the southern US.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Spike

OHIO OHIO OHIO O-HI-O

Best state to bowhunt priod!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:04 AM

Texas.....South Texas is the best!

Quick Reply: Best state to hunt..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.