Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buckstumps

Old 05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Spike

Default Buckstumps

I saw on Archer's Choice these mounts www.buckstumps.com Has anyone tried them? I was looking into doing up a set.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buckstumps

I have looked at the buckstump website, and they are definitely interesting. I really can't decide if I like them or not though.

I am at a point in my hunting that I won't shoot a buck unless I am going to shoulder mount him. That being said, I guess it really doesn't appeal to me.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Looks pretty cool! I have had "horn mounts" done locally where they basically cover the skull plate with leather and attache to a plaque. This is a different look. I would like to do a set and put on the coffee table if I could only talk the wife in to it.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Now I'm disappointed. I came on here to say "buckstumps, hah that's nothing!" I've seen bearstumps and elkstumps, heck the other day I saw a Sasquatchstump. Had my 45 half-drawn before it morphed back into a plain old stump, just a stump seven feet high with arms.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had my deer done by them this year and I realy like it. Fast turnaround, like 1 month and it is very well done. I will definitely get more.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a unique antler mount, thanks for the link. I'll be sure to pass this along to several friends that enjoy horn mounts.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way WAy too exspensive for what you get. I make my own plaques and mount my own with the hair on for nothing. All you do is cut the skull plate the way you want it and hang it out to dry by the time the bugs come out in the spring it all done. then just screw it into the plaque the screws are hidden by the hair. It works great for spikes and small racks. I know this isn't the best photo in the world but its all I have right now.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want an ugly half-ass looking mount, then follow Mike Hill, otherwise I would suggest the buckstump.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

That is the lamest looking mount (Buck stumps) I have ever seen for sale. People will buy anything, I guess. I would rather follow Mike Hill than pay money for something that looks like a 12 year old's Boy Scout project.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 05-06-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jaclinto
I saw on Archer's Choice these mounts www.buckstumps.com Has anyone tried them? I was looking into doing up a set.
Yes - I have done one of these mounts... I personally really like them. I am planning on doing another one later this year. They have a DIY kit now that you can buy for under $50

Quick Reply: Buckstumps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.