Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Railroad/Train affect on Deer in the area? >

Railroad/Train affect on Deer in the area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Railroad/Train affect on Deer in the area?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Railroad/Train affect on Deer in the area?

DEER DRIVE!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The piece of property I hunt in ILL has a track right next to it and two years ago I watched a buck wait for the train to go by and jump the fence right in front of me. To bad he wasn't old enough for me to shoot he was a 2 1/2 year old 8 pt.. Walt
Old 04-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt an area that is at the head of a military landing strip and the C5's are so loud that I have to cover my ears and I am half deaf already. Just ask my wife. But it doesn't bother the deer at all.

HH
Old 04-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't think it bothers them. Any noise that is common willbe routine for them.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 PM

I'm a railroad engineer for norfolk southern, I can promise you trains have little to no effect on them. every day there is a new deer hit by a train on a section of track 150 miles long.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted a piece of property in Alabamathat had a railroad track ...the first year I saw a big nice 10pt but never got a good shot ...the next two years I never saw him again .... I found outlaterhe had been seen inClarksville Tn ...I think he"took the last train to Clarksville"..so yeh Id say it effects them

dd
Old 05-07-2007, 05:40 PM

trains tracks cross next to my house and the trains come through there very little anymore...they used to be used more often but not much anymore and there a number of very old woodentree stands along the tracks in a not very big section that i have walked...i have never tried hunting the tracks but ive seen deer there and theres many old stands from way back...also in the winter theres a section of pines they yard up in when the snow gets deep right next to the tracks...so id say it doesnt bother them much
Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 PM

im guessing that a train would seem like acar and deer are not very scared of cars
Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 PM

the area aroumd here there is alot of grain and corn on the cors so they drop alot of this so deer feed on it so it helps in alot of ways
Old 05-10-2007, 02:16 AM

Buck hunter you need to team up with another hunter and then take turns putting on suttle drives so that the deer move but not so fast or panicked that you cant get a shot.

Quick Reply: Railroad/Train affect on Deer in the area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.