Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

feeder attractant

Old 04-25-2007, 05:30 PM
tf
Spike

Default feeder attractant

I need help with finding something i can put out with or on my corn to get the deer to find my new feeder location, any ideas?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: feeder attractant

usually just corn will do the trick, give them some time
Old 04-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Go to a bulk food store and buy a big tub of peanut butter or a gallon jug of molasses. They love them both! But the longer you wait, them two will call out the ants in a hurry as it gets warm!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

I put Buck'Ola, a mineral feed,in with my corn. The deer go nuts over it.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Record Rack works great with my corn,has a wild berry smell brings them
in great!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 PM

I believe deer are finding other sources of nutrition now.I've been feeding since hunting season ended and they have just about abondened the feeder now that the forest is greening up.As a matter of fact lately the only time deer have hit my feeder is when we have cold snaps and foul weather.But what do I know this my first season feeding and it may be that the deer just hav'nt stumbled across your set up yet dont give up.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Corn holds little to no nutritional value for deer. Id use some good high protien pellets that promote antler growth.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Corn holds little to no nutritional value for deer. Id use some good high protien pellets that promote antler growth.
DO IT.. Just Do It
Old 04-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: findinbone

I believe deer are finding other sources of nutrition now.I've been feeding since hunting season ended and they have just about abondened the feeder now that the forest is greening up.As a matter of fact lately the only time deer have hit my feeder is when we have cold snaps and foul weather.But what do I know this my first season feeding and it may be that the deer just hav'nt stumbled across your set up yet dont give up.

I noticed this too. I have a feeder in the backyard. Right now, this time of year, it gets little activity compared to the rest of the year.

Just put out the corn, they'll find it.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: findinbone

I just leave a mineral and salt block out during the spring and summer. Then about July I use corn all the way up until season starts.

Quick Reply: feeder attractant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.