HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   feeder attractant (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/189597-feeder-attractant.html)

tf 04-25-2007 05:30 PM

feeder attractant

I need help with finding something i can put out with or on my corn to get the deer to find my new feeder location, any ideas?

Matt/TN 04-25-2007 05:41 PM

RE: feeder attractant

usually just corn will do the trick, give them some time :eek:

Hotburn76 04-25-2007 06:07 PM

Go to a bulk food store and buy a big tub of peanut butter or a gallon jug of molasses. They love them both! But the longer you wait, them two will call out the ants in a hurry as it gets warm!

bdosas 04-25-2007 08:24 PM

I put Buck'Ola, a mineral feed,in with my corn. The deer go nuts over it.

coyote170 04-25-2007 08:32 PM

Record Rack works great with my corn,has a wild berry smell brings them
in great!;)

findinbone 04-25-2007 09:42 PM

I believe deer are finding other sources of nutrition now.I've been feeding since hunting season ended and they have just about abondened the feeder now that the forest is greening up.As a matter of fact lately the only time deer have hit my feeder is when we have cold snaps and foul weather.But what do I know this my first season feeding and it may be that the deer just hav'nt stumbled across your set up yet dont give up.

wis_bow_huntr 04-26-2007 05:53 AM

Corn holds little to no nutritional value for deer. Id use some good high protien pellets that promote antler growth.

TexasOaks 04-26-2007 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Corn holds little to no nutritional value for deer. Id use some good high protien pellets that promote antler growth.
DO IT.. Just Do It

Windwalker7 04-26-2007 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: findinbone

I believe deer are finding other sources of nutrition now.I've been feeding since hunting season ended and they have just about abondened the feeder now that the forest is greening up.As a matter of fact lately the only time deer have hit my feeder is when we have cold snaps and foul weather.But what do I know this my first season feeding and it may be that the deer just hav'nt stumbled across your set up yet dont give up.

I noticed this too. I have a feeder in the backyard. Right now, this time of year, it gets little activity compared to the rest of the year.

Just put out the corn, they'll find it.

Matt/TN 04-26-2007 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: findinbone

I just leave a mineral and salt block out during the spring and summer. Then about July I use corn all the way up until season starts.