Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

feeder attractant

Old 04-26-2007, 08:22 PM

Default RE: feeder attractant

I tried using pellet feed specially for deer and they totally ignored it.I also tried an apple flavored pellet type feed and again they wanted nothing to do with it.I put out cracked corn and they could'nt get enough over the winter.I was beginning to think I would be able to take them off my taxes.I went thru about 300 pounds of corn and was rewarded with a shed antler laying next to the feeder.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: findinbone

I tried using pellet feed specially for deer and they totally ignored it.I also tried an apple flavored pellet type feed and again they wanted nothing to do with it.I put out cracked corn and they could'nt get enough over the winter.I was beginning to think I would be able to take them off my taxes.I went thru about 300 pounds of corn and was rewarded with a shed antler laying next to the feeder.

I experienced this same thing. I also tried soybeans with them just rotting beneath the feeder.

Both pellets and soybeans were mixed with corn. the corn would get ate but not the otheres except by crows, squirrels,birds and raccoons. That stuff is too expensive if they don't eat it.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

"I believe deer are finding other sources of nutrition now.I've been feeding since hunting season ended and they have just about abondened the feeder now that the forest is greening up."

It has happened to me in OK also. Deer are eating other stuff and the birds are eating the corn. To make things worse, the hogs have recently located the feeder. Looks likei need to turn it off until fall.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:10 AM

you could also try adding some soybean to it.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Greg has adding soybeans to your feed worked for you?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

ORIGINAL: findinbone

I experienced this same thing. I also tried soybeans with them just rotting beneath the feeder.

Both pellets and soybeans were mixed with corn. the corn would get ate but not the otheres except by crows, squirrels,birds and raccoons. That stuff is too expensive if they don't eat it.
Ditto Ditto Ditto!!! Have heard lots of people say corn is no good, but it is the only thing they eat up here too!! Bought the expensive Purina deer pellets and several others and the deer let it lay and rot! I think pellet food must only work on pen deer cause alot of people say it does not work on wild deer.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Spike

Get the cheapest table syrup you can find. Dilute with warm water about 4 parts water, 1 part syrup. Smells just like C'mere Deer but about 50 times cheaper. Just pour over the corn, they'll find it.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:52 PM

I will give that a try.Have you tried the cmeer deer if so is it worth the $
Old 05-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Spike

falon said To make things worse, the hogs have recently located the feeder

Falon
If you need some help with those hogs over the summer I will being you some corn & thin out some of them.

I use corn for several year & all year long inseveral differentarea's along with cloverif youwatch deercome into the feeding areathey will always go to clover first.Have found nothing better than corn as attract fordeer.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only way I have seen pelleted deer feed work is in a covered trough type of feeder. Anything but corn in a spin feeder I have tried just lays there and rots and the last corn I put in a spin feeder aborbed or had too much moisture in it that it molded and rotted in the feeder. If I mix soybeans with corn in with the beans, the beans rot to the extent that the corn then rots and nothing eats it but possums, coons, birds and coyotes. I think 50% or more of the feed put out is eat by something other than deer.

Quick Reply: feeder attractant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.