Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Take the offer.
38.83%
Enter the lottery, ignore the scam.
31.07%
Enter the lottery system & turn in the scammer.
30.10%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

ETHICS - WOULD U CHEAT?

Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Default RE: ETHICS - WOULD U CHEAT?

I'll admit I was the first one to vote to go ahead and take the tag, but as my post from earlier states I don't have to worry about that. I do believe that bigcountry said it the best though.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: npaden

Seems like the Friday afternoon folks are the cheating type and the early morning folks are the honest type.
It may be like bigcountry said. Friday afternoon folks are honest cheaters, and Friday morning folks are just liars.LOL!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would depend on the legality of the activities in question. A check of the state code, with perhaps some consultation with a person knowledgeable with such matters, and if I couldn't be fined or jailed for it, I'd probably take the offer. My concern is obeying the law and going on the actual hunt ethically. I'll take all the help I can get obtaining rare tags. Here in the east, licenses and bag limits are plentiful, and that's the way I like it.

Also, how is this a scam?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

First of all, I dont think I ever want a guy to offer to "take care of me." I think I may have vometed a little. And secondly, I guess it all depends on how bad you want the stamp, and the consequences you are willing to face. If you feel no guilt in doing this, and you are willing to take the consequences if something goes wrong, then do it.

Good sound advice! This is why game wardens will always have job security!![:'(]
Old 04-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

a few works, Do on to others as you do on yourself. You can't live your life only thinking of your self, you will lose the people who care about you.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Enter the lottery for me. Play by the rules and no one gets hurt.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very dissapointing result for this poll...
Old 04-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I honestly don't know for sure. I've never had to hunt using/applying for tags. If it was a situation where you had to apply for years before getting a tag it would probably take the tag, but I'll probably never be in that situation. Really what is the difference in that and paying to hunt on a ranch or with an outfitter that guarantees a coveted tag?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:27 AM

After my wife posted bail and got me out of jail for assault, I would call everyone that would listen and turn this turd in. I would be insulted if the offer was even made!

The reason I hunt is to get away from the rat race and that would just go against everything I am about. There is right, and wrong. This should be an easy poll.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:38 AM

I don't know how dumb some people are. But this is how the world operates.

What do you think that Martha Stewart went to jail for? How do you think that she made her money? Because she had a inside track.

All these rich people are on the inside and the poor people are the ones on the outside looking in.

The Irish ran Tammeny Hall in NYC, if you didn't have a Mc in front of your name you couldnt become a fireman or a policeman.

In Pennsylvania it is the Italians that runs the show. All the Dago's that are doctors and lawyers and judges and state represenatives and congressmen.

If you are Italian or if you are related to one of these people, you can get a job working for the state and have a good job with good benifits the rest of your life. Them Italians all stick together.

Do you think that everything in life is fair? Heck no!
Do you think that most things arerigged? Heck yes!

They have to let some suckers win once in a while or else nobody would apply and nobody give them their money to have a chance to win.

It's all about the money.

So out of 100 permits, 90 might be a fair draw and the other 10 were just some people that wanted a tag and knew the right people.

If you are on the inside and knew that all you had to do was give Joe blow x amount of dollars and you could get a Elk Permit in Pennsylvania - are you going to tell me that you wouldn't do it. Are you going to tell me that you are going to tell on your friend? Even if you told, do you think that he would get in trouble? He's already on the inside.

We had a friend that was the CountyTreasurer where I live and they issued the Doe tags for out county.
Backthen there might have only been 8000 tagsfor 24,000 hunters.
So the only way you could get a tag is if you were lucky or knew the right person.
My dad often drove 40 miles just to put his tags in the mail box.
There was years when his application was not accepted and he did not get a doe tag.

The County Treasurer told my Uncle if you give me your application, I will make sure that your name is drawn, and it always was.

Are you going to turn him down when he is willing to help you out? Are you going to turn him in? Are you not going to vote for him in the next election? Maybe if you didn't get a tag, but not if you did!

Quick Reply: ETHICS - WOULD U CHEAT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.