Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Take the offer.
38.83%
Enter the lottery, ignore the scam.
31.07%
Enter the lottery system & turn in the scammer.
30.10%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

ETHICS - WOULD U CHEAT?

Old 04-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default ETHICS - WOULD U CHEAT?

OK, let's set the scenario.

You have someone "on the inside" of a state department that issues deer/turkey permits to qualified hunters who are required to apply for a chance at a certain set number of permits viaa lottery system.

However, there's aguy "on the inside" who can just issue you a permit months and months before any of the permits reach any applicants hands. No lottery necessary. In fact he can sometimes even "take care of you"before anyone is even allowed to start applying.

What are you going to do?
Old 04-13-2007, 07:08 AM

Default RE: ETHICS - WOULD U CHEAT?

I really can't honestly say I wouldn't take the offer, but I don't have to go through any lottery to get a tag so I really don't know. I am sure a lot of people are going to say they would not do it, but until face to face with the situation no one will really know for sure. If it was a situation where I have never been able to draw a tag for an area and then was offered one and did not even have to apply. I would say I would probably take the offer. As with a lot of things in life it is all about who you know.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not going to do something that would tick me off if I found out somebody else was doing it.

Going along with a scam like that is just wrong.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:46 AM

I'm with whitetaildave....We are blessed here in Indiana not to have to draw for a tag for anything so I couldn't really tell you....but I think that I'd like to say no I wouldnt get caught up in the scam or whatever BUT it would be a whole different ball game if I was standing face to face with it knowing if I declined this there is a good chance I would not get to hunt that year. And when hunting is your passion it would be hard to gamble with something like that....
Old 04-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, I dont think I ever want a guy to offer to "take care of me." I think I may have vometed a little. And secondly, I guess it all depends on how bad you want the stamp, and the consequences you are willing to face. If you feel no guilt in doing this, and you are willing to take the consequences if something goes wrong, then do it.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, with 17 votes cast, 41% would would willingly join the ranks of the cheaters. Well so much for ethics. I sincerely hope when more votes are cast this number will drop considerably. If it doesn't then what a sorry lot we are...
Old 04-13-2007, 10:56 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Wow, with 17 votes cast, 41% would would willingly join the ranks of the cheaters. Well so much for ethics. I sincerely hope when more votes are cast this number will drop considerably. If it doesn't then what a sorry lot we are...
Well, you got two different people voting here, you got cheaters for the first selection, and liars for the second two.

I don't know what I would do. Since I am never in the click, and never get the inside knowledge of anything, I would probably be turning the scammer when I heard my buddy talking about it. Thats a more realistic scenerio. Hard to say, cause I have never in the click of things.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Well, you got two different people voting here, you got cheaters for the first selection, and liars for the second two.
LMAO!!! I think bigcountry hit the nail on the head. It is easy to say that you wouldn't take the bait, but it is also hard to admit that you are cheater too. I will admit that I would probably take any advantage offered to get a hunting tag, but I am also fortunate not to have to worry about it for the animals and places that I hunt.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do governer tags count? If-so, many of you're "pro" hunters must be cheaters!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like the Friday afternoon folks are the cheating type and the early morning folks are the honest type. When I voted this morning there was only 1 vote to take the offer compared to 4 votes to ignore the scam and 5 votes to turn the guy in. Since then, 10 more have voted to take the offer and only 1 more has voted to turn the guy in!

Quick Reply: ETHICS - WOULD U CHEAT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.