Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Drives...

Old 04-14-2007, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Deer Drives...

I hunt in South Carolina and we do deer drives on the last weekend to clear out does off the land and to get meat in the freezer.

And also, Rfleman, if its 70 degrees out and you kill a monster 10 point what happens to the meat? you said that amish guy has no refigeration so how does that work? Does it just go to waste?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:15 PM

I am pretty sure they are illegal in Indiana. I would much rather sit in a tree and enjoy nature anyways...
Old 04-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

I am pretty sure they are illegal in Indiana. I would much rather sit in a tree and enjoy nature anyways...
Hey Indy, there's alot of skill involved in Deer Drives!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:57 PM

I never said there wasn't a lot of skll involved in deer drives! I get a lot of my thinking done when I am outside alone up in a tree. I do think doing drives would be a lot of fun but for now I will stick with the relaxation of my summit
Old 04-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

bone, It has nothing to do with killing all of the deer! It has to do with harassing the deer all day. Im not talking about putting on one drive and thats it. I am talking about chasing them from one patch of woods to the next and back.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:56 PM

So say harrassing and not raping there is a big difference.

Heres the bottom line.If you like setting in a stand thats great I fully support your right to do so.If you like to drive deer thats great also it can be very exciting.I like both tactics and am guilty of employing both.For me its like using the right tool for the job.

All I'm saying is this.We need to understand that different people do things different ways.United we stand and divided we fall.Another web site I visit has been attacked by a virus planted by (PETA).If you think we are not under survalence by forces that would take our way of life away your sadly mistaken.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:19 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: findinbone

So say harrassing and not raping there is a big difference.

Heres the bottom line.If you like setting in a stand thats great I fully support your right to do so.If you like to drive deer thats great also it can be very exciting.I like both tactics and am guilty of employing both.For me its like using the right tool for the job.

All I'm saying is this.We need to understand that different people do things different ways.United we stand and divided we fall.Another web site I visit has been attacked by a virus planted by (PETA).If you think we are not under survalence by forces that would take our way of life away your sadly mistaken.
So let me get this right. You hunt deer, but also like to drive deer and the reason all of us should embrace driving deer over hunting them is cause PETA is watching and its not good for them to see some of us seeing driving as wrong?

Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have the same opinion weather peta is watching or not. You think they don't know about deer drives? I am just stating my opinion just as everyone else is. I used to think deer drives were cool when I was young. Do deer drives if you want, I don't care! I just had my fill of them.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: findinbone
Or he could be saying that different people hunt indifferent ways and byconstantly telling each other the way we do things is wrong if it doesn't match what we do or match our personaldefinitionof hunting only adds fuel to the antis fire to some degree. I guess it is all in how you interpret the post. We all know the antis are there but many of us don't take them seriously because we have not been affected by them personally, I for one probably fall into this group. One thing I didn't know until I started visiting this forum and others like it is how much bickering and in fighting there is amongst hunters, I am guilty of this also, to a certain extent. What worries me about that trend is not so much people having differing views and opinions and such but what if there comes a day when the threat from antis or other groups become bigger and more real, will we as hunters be able toovercome our differences and stand with a united front? Just a thought and honestly I hope it never comes to that but you never know. I say good luck to all of you whetherusea deer drive as a hunting tactic or not.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 PM

No Mr Big the gest of what im saying is why cant we all just get along.Feel free to twist those words however you feel you need to.

Quick Reply: Deer Drives...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.