Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Drives...

Old 04-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Banned

Default RE: Deer Drives...

I have no problem with drives if you are doing it on private land. My problem is that I was on a large hunting club last year with about 50 memebers. The club included roughly 12,000 acres of land. Not everyone knew (or cared) where everyones else was hunting. There was a group of guys who were friends with the president of the club and thought they owned the entire club. I would be sitting in my climber hunting and then I would see 5 orange vest headed my way hooting and hollaring completely ruining my hunt. I had this happen to me 3 different times. This is the kinda thing that I don't like. I am not getting back on that club again next year.

I have not real problems with a group of guys who are hunting private lands and know that nobody else is still hunting in that area does a drive. I know when I was little, when my dad would get down off of his stand, he would walk through the thickets instead of the trails to get to me to see if he could push anything my way. I have killed 2 deer this way.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't try to get personal originallyand yes you stated your opinion and it was something along the lines of:
I find them annoying and basic slob hunting. I do not call it hunting, but driving. Hunting to me is learning deer sign, and how to read it, doing your homework, and it paying off. Hunting is sneaking in that critters home and him not knowing it. Driving is basically stranding an animal, giving him very little way out. I would love to see it banned, myself.
So as someone who does do deer drives and is in no way a slob hunter,I might takeyour opinion as well as your lttle jab about getting my "feelings hurt" personallyand my response as it was directed at you , you can take personally if you like. No ill will just speaking from the other side.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

I didn't try to get personal originallyand yes you stated your opinion and it was something along the lines of:
I find them annoying and basic slob hunting. I do not call it hunting, but driving. Hunting to me is learning deer sign, and how to read it, doing your homework, and it paying off. Hunting is sneaking in that critters home and him not knowing it. Driving is basically stranding an animal, giving him very little way out. I would love to see it banned, myself.
So as someone who does do deer drives and is in no way a slob hunter,I might takeyour opinion as well as your lttle jab about getting my "feelings hurt" personallyand my response as it was directed at you , you can take personally if you like. No ill will just speaking from the other side.
You know in life new your going to find people who thinks all kinds of different things about you. Not everybody is going to think the same as you.

So if a person feels a certain way about a subject, how do you feel they should post?

Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

We reserve drives strictly for the last day or afternoon of firearms season here in IL. It certainly will spook the area - that's why we do it as a final thing.

And YES it is private land.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

You know in life new your going to find people who thinks all kinds of different things about you. Not everybody is going to think the same as you.

So if a person feels a certain way about a subject, how do you feel they should post?
As I stated in my first post in response to your quote:
Quotes like the one abovemay be justopinions butthey arealso direct attacks and aninsult toanyone who may be used to that style hunting or have been brought up in a region where that is a common practice. Is itimpossible to state your opinion, that you don't like driving deer, without adding that itin your mind it is slob hunting and should be banned?
and:
Don't get me wrong you are certainly entitled to your opinion it just seems like more and more oftenon this site and others that the contents of manyopinionsconsistsof bashing other hunters more than anything else.
So I guess my answer to your question would be to state your opinion without the colorful descriptions of drive hunting being slob hunting or calling for it to be banned. That is just me and I know that you have the right to state your opinion however you want butif it does contain things that may be offensive to other hunters don't be shocked when they speak up about it.

Also the condescending attitude is nice:

Thank you far that tip/life lesson.If I were a 10 year oldI mightfind it to beuseful but since I am not it just comes across as smug. Again just my opinion.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 AM
bigcountry

As I stated in my first post in response to your quote:
Quotes like the one abovemay be justopinions butthey arealso direct attacks and aninsult toanyone who may be used to that style hunting or have been brought up in a region where that is a common practice. Is itimpossible to state your opinion, that you don't like driving deer, without adding that itin your mind it is slob hunting and should be banned?
and:
Don't get me wrong you are certainly entitled to your opinion it just seems like more and more oftenon this site and others that the contents of manyopinionsconsistsof bashing other hunters more than anything else.
So I guess my answer to your question would be to state your opinion without the colorful descriptions of drive hunting being slob hunting or calling for it to be banned. That is just me and I know that you have the right to state your opinion however you want butif it does contain things that may be offensive to other hunters don't be shocked when they speak up about it.

Also the condescending attitude is nice:

Thank you far that tip/life lesson.If I were a 10 year oldI mightfind it to beuseful but since I am not it just comes across as smug. Again just my opinion.
Again New, sorry I hurt your feelings. but you do come across a little on the young side, that gets thier feelings hurt easily. Look back at your posts. You could have said, ok, people don't like it, and don't think much of it, and be sercure that you feel differently. But you didn't and it showed. So, yes, I found it good to remind you, not everyone in life is going to agree with you. hey, its just ones man opinion. Don't read so much into it.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty sure that re-reading the postsis not necessary(for me anyways). I took offense to you stating it is slob hunting and that it should be banned. For you to imply that it hurts my feelings(again) or that Iseem "young"is another attempt to belittle me or discredit what I am saying. For an opinion to hurt my feelingsit would have to come from a person who has an opinion that I value. An opinion that I take offense to can come from just about anyone. I could have justsaid "OK some people don't like it" justlike you could have just said "I don't like it". You didn't just say that though, you chose to say it is slob hunting and should be banned and I chose to say what I said in reponse to that. I wasn't reading into anything, I was reading what was there.

Bottom line: You don't like it, think it is slob hunting, and should be
banned and I disagree on all fronts.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:57 AM
bigcountry

I'm pretty sure that re-reading the postsis not necessary(for me anyways). I took offense to you stating it is slob hunting and that it should be banned. For you to imply that it hurts my feelings(again) or that Iseem "young"is another attempt to belittle me or discredit what I am saying. For an opinion to hurt my feelingsit would have to come from a person who has an opinion that I value. An opinion that I take offense to can come from just about anyone. I could have justsaid "OK some people don't like it" justlike you could have just said "I don't like it". You didn't just say that though, you chose to say it is slob hunting and should be banned and I chose to say what I said in reponse to that. I wasn't reading into anything, I was reading what was there.

Bottom line: You don't like it, think it is slob hunting, and should be
banned and I disagree on all fronts.
ok you say so

Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 PM

I'm not for it or against it, all I know is that scaring something to do what it nornally wouldn't; that to me just doesnt seem right but i'm not one to say! It gets the job done i guess...
Old 04-13-2007, 09:42 PM

I've hunted some places in S.W.Va,N.Caro,S.Caro,Ga.Md.and P.a that are so thick you woulde'nt see a deer if it were standing 10feet in front of you.To say deer drives are slob hunting is assanine.Driveing deer with dogs has been a tradition in the south for 200 years or better.
There are to many outside influences trying to divide or do away with the hunting community now that we cant afford all this in fighting.Its okay to not like the way another does things but aslong as its within the rules I dont see the harm.
Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz I think some of you fellers need to get laid!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Deer Drives...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.