HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   First Mount (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/186634-first-mount.html)

fakejordan 03-31-2007 06:05 PM

First Mount

I just got my first mount back. A friend scored it but it is not official. We had 173 gross and 157 adjusted

fakejordan 03-31-2007 06:06 PM

RE: First Mount

another

BigBuck28 03-31-2007 06:06 PM

nice i like hows iis kind of leaning!!!:)Now if i can only get one of those!!!!!!!!!

early in 03-31-2007 06:09 PM

Very nice, congrats.

TexasOaks 03-31-2007 06:23 PM

Looks really nice... what state and the story that goes with it please.

Hoytteen 03-31-2007 06:31 PM

Nice Mount! betcha the story is better tho!;)

trophy time 03-31-2007 06:35 PM

Nice deer.

GooseHunter Jr. 03-31-2007 08:28 PM

Great mount and congrats on a good deer.

fakejordan 04-02-2007 10:54 AM

it was taken in ohio. We have less than 2 acres of woods. The woods are usually uninhabited except during the winter months when deer begin to appear almost daily.
on the first day of the 2005 youth hunt, my wallet along with my licence mysteriously disappeared. When i walked out the door, the younger version of this buck was standing in my yard. My dad left to get a new licence and he told me to shoot when he pulled into the driveway. Just prior to him entering the driveway, my sister let our dog out which went crazy and scared the deer away. The very next day, me and my dad walked outside to go to church and the deer was standing in our garden 20 yards away but it ran away. I didnt see the buck again until this year. On the first day of youth hunt, My little brother, sister, Dad and my uncle went to a friends house with more land to hunt. We saw a group of does out of range early on but my brother and sister quickly wanted to go home because they were bored. we got home and i decided to watch the Penn State football game. Towards the end of that game, i decided to go out some more. I went up to a tree we call the fairy tree which looks like a huge tangled knot of branches. We call it the fairy tree because my sister wrote a story where the tree was inhabited by fairys. Towards the end of the day, i told myself i would wait 10 more minutes. As soon as i thought this, i see the buck out of the corner of my eye. It was on the other side of the fence so i couldnt legally shoot it. I saw it walk down the fencerow a bit and it went out of sight. I heard something crash through some brush so i figured it jumped the fence row. A few minutes later, i see it walking down a trial, headed straight to me. It got about 10 yards away and turned broadside. I dropped it on the spot. Itturns out the time i shot it corresponds withHalftime of the OSU Michigan game so whenever someone asks my dad about it, he saidI got itduring halftime.I recently took the mount over to a neighbor who hunts the area and hehad someone score it. He also showed us his mounts which include an ancestor of my deer and 200"+ deer.

one on one 04-02-2007 03:25 PM

good one, congrats