Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting partner or hunt alone? >

Hunting partner or hunt alone?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting partner or hunt alone?

Old 04-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting partner or hunt alone?

Mostly alone,just my dog,my hunting partner farms and dont see him until
the end of summer,then him and his son are always with me up at the camp.Hes into crossbows now so may see more but he works pretty hard
we"ll see!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Most of theplaces I huntissome of same property my friends alsohunt. So on the weekends there isalmost someone there. During gun week we all get together and sit in the stands. We also drive deer together when the gun season starts to slow up a little.But after work I don't wait for someone to meet me there to hunt. During bow season guys are a little spread out and go solo. Also when I go out of state I always go with someone. It aint too fun in camp, in the mountains for days on end by yourself. Plus when packing in for miles the worst thing that can happen is getting hurt with no one around to help. I do know guys that have had bad experiences hunting with a partner never to hunt with someone again but to me that is silly and that what friendship is all about, ups and downs and not agreeing with someones actions but accepting it because your friends is whatfriendship all about. Alot of huntersalso don't like to hunt with someone becauseanother hunter may shoot that trophy they were after and to me that is just selfishness, but to each is own. To say I never had an argument with a friend over a stand location, access route to a stand, baiting to close to me, parking ect ect ect........is an understatement! But they are my friends, all 8 of the stupid SOB'shave been since the the second grade andmind you I am 36. Shoot, if it wasn't for huntin and fishin I doubt we would have stayed in contact all these years. Isn't that worth something more than being bitter over petty things in life? So 50% huntin with buds 15% with my son and 35% alone.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:59 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Selfishness, I don't think so, I actually like to hunt and camp alone, I like my company and I'm usually more successful by myself. When you hunt with others whether you realize it or not it changes the dynamics of the hunt and you adjust to the situation. some people need others to enjoy their time in the woods I don't, I usually don't take pictures either I carry my memories in my mind, but thats me . About twice a year I hunt with friends and have a great time but my hunting with them is not as intense or as spiritual as my lone hunts. Most group hunts that I have been on are more of a communal get together than an intense hunt ie: weekend or once a year hunters rather than someone like myself who hunts year round.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I'll archeryhunt by myself, but when gun season rolls around I'll hunt with my kids,father-in-law, or a buddy. Both kinds of hunting is fun to me.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in a camp with about 25 people, but was the only one to bow hunt till this year, come oct. There will betwo other people, there isone other person also but I think he iskind of discouraged.I think the two that start this year will be determined hunters. I hate hunting by myself in the eveningif I shoot a deer late.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer to hunt with just one friend. I have been burned a few times by taking someone to "my" properties. They tried going behind my back to gain access..... Needless to say they lost all rights to it. This year my son is going full time. His Diamond should be here Mon. or Tues.. We just finished Hunters Safety yesterday. I took it with him, needed the card anyhow. I havea good friend that will be leaving to guide in Montana, hate loosing a hunting partner, but he wants to guide and Milk River offered him a job.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:35 PM

IDk really, i guess i like doing both. I'll explain, i like hunting alone b/c then i really dont have to worry about my friend making noise b/c i move really stealthy through the woods and i like it just me versus the animal that im hunting. Then again if you have a friend you can share the experience with him/her and also teach them things they might not know. so i guess both are fine by me.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

i like to hunt with a buddy its nice to have an extra pair of eyes out there looking for the deer that are coming in. also you can set up in two different places, so you can "surround" the deer as they walk thru the area you are, then shoot 'em.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Other then my son the only partner I will hunt with is a guy who takes me and shows me ALL his honey holes

dd
Old 04-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt alone.
Yeah with nobody else.
You know when I hunt alone,
I prefer to be by myself.

Quick Reply: Hunting partner or hunt alone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.