Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How long has your camp been a camp. >

How long has your camp been a camp.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How long has your camp been a camp.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How long has your camp been a camp.

Our camp has been astablished for 51 years if I figured correctly, anyway since 1956. I do not know what life would be like without the camp. I hopeam able to retire one day an go there at leisure, so for looking good. The land is owned by private land owners an farmers. We have a good relationship with them.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How long has your camp been a camp.

In 1961, a family member bought one hundred acres but did it with nine friends. Every time a neighbouring property came for sale, another ten friends divided the cost. In 1993 I bought my share of a 100 acres for $1300. We all combine our properties as an un-official club, so I have shared hunting access to 1200 acres. Not bad for my little investment. Before we bought, it was a pig farm for over one hundred years that we know. Our land has been hunted for two hundred years or more. Owned by family for almost 50 years. Partially mine for almost 15 year. My offspring will have it as long as time will allow.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 PM

my camp was built in 1920 specifically for hunting and it is still our hunting camp today...up in northern new york
Old 03-30-2007, 06:32 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I can't compete with you gents. I've been hunting elk, deer and bear in my camp for 7 years. I moved to CO 8 years ago. First year was a learning process finding a place.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:04 AM

I wish that I was lucky enough to have an every year deer camp, but don't. I guess the closest thing is my buddies house right next to a 60 acre plot of private land the we hunt in addition to state land and a lease.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

My grandfather bought the land our camp is on in the late 40's. They built a camp on it in the early 50's and it is still camp today...name of the camp is "Half-Way House" in Childwold, NY.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

late 1800s, not sure of the exact date, my great grandfather bought land up in the adirondacks, 52 acres of land, i LOVE it up there and it first started with a tiny log cabin, and now is decently sized.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

the only problem is that it isnt winterized
Old 03-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Never had one of my own, but had access to 3for a period of50yrs. One in Ocala, FL, one in Madison, FL and one in Perry, Fl.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our club lost its lease after 56 years due to a bunch of kids tearing up
some logging equipment that was on the place.This is my second year
on private property and am very lucky to have it to myself,I had let a
fellow in last year,gave him a key,but took his truck in and damaged
some things so the owner said you,or someone with you,otherwise you
loose it,so its just me now!

Quick Reply: How long has your camp been a camp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.