HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   GIANT DEER!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/186393-giant-deer.html)

HunterOpel 03-29-2007 11:11 AM

GIANT DEER!!!

I was with a friend this weekend and we got to talking about deer and he tells me he has a friend who is an avid antler collector and has Many huge racks, well we went there and HOLY COW!!!!! He wasnt kidding, this guy doesnt even hunt, just collects Whitetail horns. Here are a few picsand a question...
Do People who collect and buy horns help promote illegal behavior from people wanting to make fast money on a set of deer horns????

HunterOpel 03-29-2007 11:11 AM

RE: GIANT DEER!!!

Another..

HunterOpel 03-29-2007 11:12 AM

Another..

HunterOpel 03-29-2007 11:13 AM

Another, wish it would let you put more then one pic..

HunterOpel 03-29-2007 11:14 AM

And one more, this guy had a bunch of monster racks and monster sheds I mean alot, this is just a few..

lacy_94 03-29-2007 11:22 AM

omg

Red Lion 03-29-2007 11:54 AM

The liquor store in the little town of Hill City MN, about 5 miles from where we hunt a lease for rifle opener has racks just like the ones your showing hung up all over the place.

r33h 03-29-2007 12:01 PM

wow....that's all you can say....

younggun308 03-29-2007 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

Do People who collect and buy horns help promote illegal behavior from people wanting to make fast money on a set of deer horns????

That's like asking if milk companies are contributing to child constepation in children who are lactose intolerant.

Are you suggesting that antler collecting should be illegal?
You're saying that be should ban antler collecting, but not drug or Communistparaphanelia?

I say you shouldn't even bring up that kind of issue, the minute you tamper with the right to own things, you'll end up having a country in which no one owns anything, and you're already jumping to banning a hunting-related subject!The anti's just LOVE that, so you can shorten their wait for a big victory against our rights as Americans.

HunterOpel 03-29-2007 01:25 PM

WOOW Nelly, I never said anything about banning anything, Now you are jumping to conclusions..I asked a Question????
I never said people shouldnt be allowed to collect racks..Or sheds..
I think anyone has the right to buy or sell a rack if it is LEGAL!!!! But how many that sell on e-bay arent legal, No tags, Does that drive someone to go out and kill a deer to sell the Rack!!!!
They have it going on here in ILL right now, a guy killed a 200" deer and sold the rack for $4000.00, DNR investigated it and the guy didnt have it legally tagged, did he kill it for the money?????
You have the right to answer any question on this forum with your opinion....
The anti hunters Love it most when Hunters fightHunters, makes there jobs easier..
I personally wouldnt buy deer horns, I only want what I harvest and I would never sell any animal I have taken!!!! My Opinion!!
P.S. Drug paraphanelia is illegal in ILL!!!!!!