HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Gloves in Cold Weather (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/185769-gloves-cold-weather.html)

Riffer 03-23-2007 09:19 PM

Gloves in Cold Weather

The last time I went out this past seasonit was VERY COLD, atleast -20 celseus,I has moving my fingers around in my gloves the whole day, do any of you guys know what some of the warmest gloves are for cold weather?

BowHuntingFool 03-23-2007 09:51 PM

RE: Gloves in Cold Weather

I use mittens so my fingers are together and not separated, never really have a problem! The mittens I use are the kind where you can fold the finger part back so you can use your fingers freely if needed! If it gets really cold I slip the hand warmers in the finger section! Works like a charm! I wouldn't use the hand warmer unless it really cold or your hands will sweat then you hating life!

skeeter 7MM 03-23-2007 09:54 PM

What I do which may or may not work for you is the following:
Polyproplene (thin blue gloves - Helly Hansen)
Wool/thinsulate fingerless gloves with the flip over Mitt portion
Hot hands in the mitt portion ( It seems the length of use varies now greatly with the Hot Handsso I make sure I have enough to change every couple hours JIC)

If sitting in a blind the hand muff that attach around your waste(like you see football players wearing)also add extra warmth.

If extremely cold I break out the Trapper Mitts (some call them skidoo mitts - but the ones with the snot pad on the back). I wear the polyproplene under to prevent an skin contact on metal for obvious reasons at such temps:D.

solocamcan 03-24-2007 12:20 AM

If I am bow or gun hunting in extreme cold weather, I use fairly light weight gloves, and wear my hand muff with about 5 hand warmers shoved inside of it. Nice and toasty!!!

Killer_Primate 03-24-2007 11:44 AM

I use a very thin set of comfortable thinsulate gloves all year. When it is cold I'll put a warmer, oversized pair of wool mittens over them that fold over to expose fingers. A hand warmer pouch helps too.

Also, if you hands and feet are cold it could be a associated with not properly dressing the rest of your body. If your core temp drops, your body will start limiting blood flow to your arms and legs. Get a good hat, cover-all's, warm socks and boots. Another thing I do is bring empty carbs like M&M's. It's like throwing a log on the fire!

Good luck,
KP

moosehunter30 03-24-2007 11:49 AM

i like wool mittens lined with leather so the wind doesnt blow through them. i keep the right 1 loose so i can take it off easily 2 shoot if somethin comes out

whitetaildreamer 03-25-2007 09:46 AM

I'm with moosehunter3o. I use the same thing when it is real cold -30. I usually hate wearing any type of gloves or mits at all but have been accustomed to using a thinsulate hand muff for the last couple of years. Putting in a warmer makes the muff real warm.

falcon 03-25-2007 01:20 PM

i wear a pair of USMC Manzella stretch glovesand putsmall hand warmers in the palms or on the back of the hands. Works great for me.

Predator26 03-25-2007 04:40 PM

Keep you warm, dry, and comfortable 110%!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...367&hasJS=true

sjsfire 03-25-2007 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I use mittens so my fingers are together and not separated, never really have a problem! The mittens I use are the kind where you can fold the finger part back so you can use your fingers freely if needed! If it gets really cold I slip the hand warmers in the finger section! Works like a charm! I wouldn't use the hand warmer unless it really cold or your hands will sweat then you hating life!

I do exactly the same. Thats the best that works for me.